[NTB] Re: How To Turn Off BAK save?

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 1998
      Bob Timm wrote:
      > if I have to make global changes, I then have to go into Windows Explorer
      > and delete all the .BAK files in *every* directory so that I can clearly
      > select proper files to ftp.

      You might consider having bak files as something good. If you turn off the
      bak-files and have not checked 'Undo after save' from the Option menue, you
      can run into problems and then don't have a backup.

      Webpages may not be that problem but I do coding and frequently use them -
      although it's annoying to have them in the explorer view.

      > As you can imagine, this is quite time-consuming. Is there any way to turn
      > off the backup save option?

      I can image that you don't know File Search from the Explorer :o)
      - Go to the top directory
      - press F3
      - insert *.bak
      - hit Enter

      when finished:
      - press ctrl-a
      - press del

      Other way would be:
      - make a batch file
      - content
      del c:\*.bak /s

      hth
      Nicole

      --
      ».. it HAS changed my life. As long as my wife (also a Pilot user) writes
      down something in my datebook I don't forget it! Im such a good husband!«