[NTB] Re: Mask Characters

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30 1:07 PM
      Hi Michael,

      At 07:51 PM 9/30/98 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Folks!
      >
      >I have searched high and low in the NoteTab Pro V4.5 for a listing of the
      mask characters used in the following context:

      >(From the help file itself.)
      >
      >Simple field with input mask:
      >^?[(M="TextMask")Prompt]
      >
      >Later in the same help file it says:
      >
      >M - mask placed between quotes (see next topic for a list of mask
      characters).

      >The "next topic" is quite elusive... Does anyone
      >have this list of mask characters???
      >
      >Thanks in advance and kudos to the author of this fine product!

      I have reported this to Eric previously. It is an omission from the help
      file. You can find the information you want in the text file
      "ClipSyntax.txt" and it does follow the sentence you have noted above which
      is on line 1,248 in that file. ClipSyntax.txt comes as part of the install
      package for NoteTab so you should already have it.

      Line 1,256 begins:

      MASKED INPUT FIELD
      ------------------

      Which is the information you want.

      I am sure that Eric will fix this in the service release.

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...

    • Michael Slack
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30 2:22 PM
        Mr. Thomas,

        Re:

        > >The "next topic" is quite elusive... Does anyone
        > >have this list of mask characters???
        > >
        > >Thanks in advance and kudos to the author of this fine product!
        >
        > I have reported this to Eric previously. It is an omission from the help
        > file. You can find the information you want in the text file
        > "ClipSyntax.txt" and it does follow the sentence you have noted above which
        > is on line 1,248 in that file. ClipSyntax.txt comes as part of the install
        > package for NoteTab so you should already have it.
        >
        > Line 1,256 begins:
        >
        > MASKED INPUT FIELD
        > ------------------
        > . . .

        Hey thanks!!! I though it might be an omission.

        Take care,

        - M -

      • Michael Slack
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30 2:46 PM
          Hi all,

          Sorry to be such a pest.

          Re:

          > ClipSyntax.txt comes as part of the install
          > package for NoteTab so you should already have it.
          >
          > Line 1,256 begins:
          >
          > MASKED INPUT FIELD
          > ------------------

          I just purchased NoteTab Pro 4.5 Monday last from DigitalRiver.
          Apparently the above-mentioned file, ClipSyntax.txt, is no longer
          with the distribution.

          Anyone know where I can get my scratchers on it???

          Thanks,

          - M -

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 30 4:00 PM
            30.09.1998 3:07 PM Lawrence R. Thomas wrote

            > Hi Michael,

            >>I have searched high and low in the NoteTab Pro V4.5 for a listing of the
            > mask characters used in the following context:

            > I have reported this to Eric previously. It is an omission from the help
            > file. You can find the information you want in the text file
            > "ClipSyntax.txt" and it does follow the sentence you have noted above which
            > is on line 1,248 in that file. ClipSyntax.txt comes as part of the install
            > package for NoteTab so you should already have it.

            I'm pretty sure ClipSyntax.txt was only for the old beta up until the help
            file was done. Don't believe it comes with the install.

            The old ClipSyntax.otl on my site has a section on them & I'm pretty sure
            Wayne's ClipReference does also.
            Wayne - http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/notetab.htm
            (my url at end of sig.)

            --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
            notetab-tips-subscribe@...
            **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
            http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

          • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 1998
              Kay Roath <notetab@freedom.n-i.com> wrote:

              >I'm pretty sure ClipSyntax.txt was only for the old beta up until the help
              >file was done. Don't believe it comes with the install.
              >
              >The old ClipSyntax.otl on my site has a section on them & I'm pretty sure
              >Wayne's ClipReference does also.
              > Wayne - http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/notetab.htm

              Well, the earlier version of it did. When I updated it for NoteTab 4.5,
              I removed a lot of the clutter that was in the old beta version information
              files.

              I've just made a minor update to the reference file, adding back in:

              * Toolbar Tooltip Texts
              * Keyboard Shortcuts
              * "Masked Input Field" codes
              * Date Filters

              My intent in the reference is to gather together information related
              to clip programmers, and not to NoteTab in general. So a lot of the
              general information was removed. The NoteTab reference copies verbatim
              the "Clip Language" section of NoteTab's help file. Then it adds
              a cross-referenced alphabetical listing of all commands. Many of the
              command descriptions are identical to those from the help file - but a
              few have been improved, and a few examples have been added, here and
              there.

              So, again, most of what is in the reference outline is the same as
              the Help file. It mainly serves people who like the outline format
              better.

              --
              Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
              ICQ: 15117288

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 1998
                > I've just

                "Just" meaning within the last few days?
                Thanks.
                David.

                made a minor update to the reference file, adding back in: