[NTB] Re: Bug Wizard Width

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 1998
      Hi Kay,

      >If you do a double equal wizard with list text that's wider
      >than the wizard box, you get a very weird display. If there
      >are only 2 list entries, you can't get to the second one.
      >
      >^!Set %temp%=^?{==This is a very long list entry to demonstate the weird
      selection list you get|xxx}

      Basically, the problem here is that the method I use to estimate the
      required height does not take into account the addition of a horizontal
      scroll bar. If you strech the window so the full length is visible, then
      you should be able to see both items.

      Regards,

      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 1998
        27.09.1998 12:18 PM Eric G.V. Fookes wrote
        > ..... If you strech the window so the full length is visible, then
        > you should be able to see both items.

        Streching the width works but here's the whole deal:
        Aaron wrote a really neat clip that will index a file. It will be in
        the next newsletter. We've been working on it & came up with another
        clip that will let you take something like:
        Name: ....
        Comments: ....
        etc for a text database | index on Name or Comments or whatever |
        wizard shows list of entries | select & access. The one we've got
        now also saves the list info to a file so you don't have to index
        all the time BUT the wizard that shows you the saved info includes
        the file & that makes it too long | drag wizard area so you can
        work with it | select your list - it calls the referenced file &
        displays the index where you expand the box again if there are
        long entries | access your record | repeat wizard | drag some more
        & on & on. Makes a great clip a big hassle!

        By the way, it's the width that you have to expand. Height just gives
        you a blank area below the wizard list. With 2 long entries, I see 1/2
        of the first one with a little tiny scroll bar on the right which barely
        allows enough room to click but when I can manage to scroll down, all I
        get is half of a blank line so there's no way to get to #2 in the list
        without expanding the wizard width. Once I get beyond 2 entries, I see
        the first entry & most of the 2nd & can scroll to select any of them.
        It's usable once you get to that point & I could do a work-around to chop
        my entries so it would display better but presumably, I'm not the only
        one who might pick up large text items from a file & try to put them into
        wizard lists.

        --- Grandma Kay