Importing a library

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2014
      I have built a clip library over the years from the help received
      from this and the 'Clip' list.

      I need to send it to a colleague who has similar needs. How does he
      'import' it to his machine?

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • Don
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2014
        You can copy them one at a time out of notetab or all from your library
        folder using windows explorer or the likes.

        In the old days they were in the program folder:
        C:\Program Files\NoteTab 7\Libraries

        Now they are most often in the user file:
        C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

        On 6/28/2014 12:50 AM, Robin Chapple robinski@... [notetab]
        wrote:
        > I have built a clip library over the years from the help received
        > from this and the 'Clip' list.
        >
        > I need to send it to a colleague who has similar needs. How does he
        > 'import' it to his machine?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Robin Chapple
      • Robin Chapple
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2014
          Thanks Don,

          I have become accustomed to other programs having and 'import' facility I was hoping for that way out!

          My colleague is less computer savvy that me so I need to lay out a method that is the easiest to follow.

          Thanks for your help.

          Robin

          wrote:
          > I have built a clip library over the years from the help received
          > from this and the 'Clip' list.
          >
          > I need to send it to a colleague who has similar needs. How does he
          > 'import' it to his machine?
          >
          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Robin Chapple
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2014
            Hi
            Like Don Said
            In the old days they were in the program folder:
            C:\Program Files\NoteTab 7\Libraries

            Now they are most often in the user file:
            C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\NoteTab Pro\Libraries

            right click and copy the libraries you want , open your email program select
            your colleague
            and select attach files , right click and paste into the window , the
            libraries should appear ready to go when you have finished and send
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            >I have built a clip library over the years from the help received
            > from this and the 'Clip' list.
            >
            > I need to send it to a colleague who has similar needs. How does he
            > 'import' it to his machine?
            >
            > Many thanks,
            >
            > Robin Chapple
            >

            > ------------------------------------
            > Posted by: Robin Chapple <robinski@...>
            > ------------------------------------

            > ***

            > Yahoo Groups Links

          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2014

              You probably can drop a new library in the NoteTab\Libraries folder in any case. Generally, it will be moved when NoteTab/Windows notices it. However, I don't ever install NoteTab in C:\Program Files, precisely because I don't want Windows mucking with its files. I want everything in one place, which gets backed up simply by making a zip file of the NoteTab folder itself. So, I install in C:\Programs, a folder I created, which is where I install all programs that I don't want Windows to muck with. You also have to edit the .ini file in the NoteTab folder to force it to look locally, but once that is done, NoteTab is independent of Windows, and you can copy your zip file to your laptop, unzip it and use it exactly the same, without having to install anything.

              If installed in C:\Program Files, starting with Vista, your program is forbidden from using its own folders for transient data, so that's why all the moving of things to other places by the operating system. The biggest screwup that Microsoft ever made, in my estimation. All done in the name of protecting us from ourselves, but all the malware writers had to do is simply bypass those measures and get right back to work. Meantime, hundreds of millions of users had to migrate their programs from the XP model.

              Regards,
              John
              RecipeTools Web Site: http://recipetools.gotdns.com/recipetools/