Consequences of Deleting .bak Files

  • Roopakshi Pathania
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2014
      Hi all,

      Are there other benefits of .bak files except for recovering lost data from documents?
      Once when I deleted all the .bak files, Notetab forgot previous position in my opened text files.
      Was I imagining it?

      Sent from my Lenovo ThinkPad
    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2014
        If you opened a recent. bak file, its tracked just like any other file opened. Don't know what "previous position" means,  but deleting .bak file is ok, provided you NEVER need to look at old versions.

        Of course if completely tired of backups, just stop them in Options | File tab. Sooner or maybe much later though, you'll maybe wish you hadn't.

        ​AL​