How to move clips from one library to another

  • Flick Coleman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2014
      Title pretty much says it all.  Started using Notetab Pro yesterday and really like it.  However, I can't find a simple way of moving clips from one library to another.  I made a few Libraries of my own (empty to start with) and tried to move several clips of code that I had made in the Temp section, but could not find a way to do this.  Any help would be appreciated.

      Cheers,

      Flick

      _______________

      William F. Coleman
      Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
      Wellesley College
      Wellesley MA 02481

    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2014
        Interviewed by CNN on 07/02/2014 01:20, Flick Coleman told the world:

        > Title pretty much says it all. Started using Notetab Pro yesterday
        > and really like it. However, I can't find a simple way of moving
        > clips from one library to another. I made a few Libraries of my own
        > (empty to start with) and tried to move several clips of code that I
        > had made in the Temp section, but could not find a way to do this.
        > Any help would be appreciated.

        Clip libraries are text files. Just open them in Notetab, cut from a
        document and paste into the other.

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my BeBox.
      • loro
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2014
          At 15:43 2014-02-07, Marcelo Bastos wrote:
          >Interviewed by CNN on 07/02/2014 01:20, Flick Coleman told the world:
          > >

          > > Title pretty much says it all. Started using Notetab Pro yesterday
          > > and really like it. However, I can't find a simple way of moving
          > > clips from one library to another. I made a few Libraries of my own
          > > (empty to start with) and tried to move several clips of code that I
          > > had made in the Temp section, but could not find a way to do this.
          > > Any help would be appreciated.
          > >
          >Clip libraries are text files. Just open them in Notetab, cut from a
          >document and paste into the other.

          A shortcut is to rightclick in the combo box (the box at top with the
          dropdown, where the library name is displayed) and choose "Open as Document".

          Another way is to rightlick on the clip you want to move and choose
          Copy to Clipboard. Then change to the library you want to move the
          clip to, rightclick and choose Add from Clipboard. This also works if
          you copy someone's clip for example from email here on the list - as
          long as it's a complete clip with the H="Clip Heading" line. The
          downside with this option is that you can only do one clip at the
          time if you have many clips to move. Otherwise it's handy.

          That is, you can copy the below and past it into a library.
          ---------------------
          H="Test"
          ^!Info Hello world
          _____________

          But this will not work. Not without editing the clip later anyway.
          ^!Info Hello world

          Lotta
        • flick_coleman
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2014
            Thanks Marcelo and Lotta.  I was clearly having a real senior moment.

            Cheers,

            Flick