Is there something wrong with the website menu bar?

  • vogelmynah
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2013
      Hello, been using NTP for along time but want to learn how to do new things with it,

       I was trying to find the forum links through the website. But in any browser I tried, the menu on the site notetab.com did not work but showed only "#" instead of the requested page name.

      Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I have obviously not been able to search the website.

      Thanks,
    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2013
        In Chrome, those drop downs at http://www.notetab.com/ dont open on mouse_over, but on mouse click. Which is not good.

        ​Ive never know there to be Forums, only Yahoo groups

        Tucson-WebDesign.com - Al Guevara

        Web: Website Design, Maintenance, Consultation, Hosting, E-mail, Domain Names.
        Seo: Site optimization, Submission, Paid Inclusion.
        Software: Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Frontpage, Online Editors.
        Cushycms: Convert your site so text is editible in your Browser. No more hiring Webmaster's.
        Contact: 520-304-9066 - al@...
        Rates
        http://tucson-webdesign.com/rates.htm

        On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM, <mynahsmail@...> wrote:

        Hello, been using NTP for along time but want to learn how to do new things with it,

         I was trying to find the forum links through the website. But in any browser I tried, the menu on the site notetab.com did not work but showed only "#" instead of the requested page name.

        Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I have obviously not been able to search the website.

        Thanks,

      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 13, 2013
          mynahsmail@... wrote:
          > I was trying to find the forum links through the website. But in
          > any browser I tried, the menu on the site notetab.com did not work
          > but showed only "#" instead of the requested page name.

          It sounds like you have turned JavaScript off. If that wasn't
          intentional you may want to check your browser settings.

          Al already have you the link to the mailing list page, I think.

          Lotta
        • MyP
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 2013
            Hello Al,

            thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

            Sorry to bug you with this, but the menu bar does not work at all in Firefox or Chrome. Any click on the menu produces a new window or new tab with no content but "#". The attached screenshots are from Chrome. Oh, maybe a misunderstanding: This is the menu bar on the notetab.com page, not your fookes.com, which works fine.  I arrived at notetab.com from inside NTP6 and therefore missed the fookes site.

            It does work in IE, with click not mouseover, but that is ok (see my last screenshot). If that had been the case in FF or Chrome, I would not have written - I have done a little Web programming myself. The pages are there when called by their page names, of course.

            Since it does work in IE (I had not tried it), maybe there is something wrong with my settings in the other browsers. It is not "noscript", however.
            If this only a local problem, I don't mind if you don't answer this.

            As you see, my search for forums did arrive at Yahoo groups, which is fine.

            In Yahoo Groups, nobody else seems to have this problem with the menu, another indication that it might be my settings.

            What I was actually looking for was a way to do basic markup in NTP, such as bold or underline, when using it for notes not programming. Now I understand why you are sticking with plaintext. I guess I could use a html template for such notes.

            Well, have a good holiday season,
            Mynah

            Note Tab Website 1 (Chrome):

            Note Tab Website 2 (Chrome):

            Note Tab Website 3 (IE):

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 14, 2013
              Thanks Lotta and Al,

              Javascript is not turned off, but never mind. The downloads page works, for some reason.
              I can manage with IE.

              I sent Al some screenshots, but it seems to be a local problem anyway.

              Regards and happy holidays,
              Mynah

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 14, 2013
                Lets see if I can answer 2 of those question
                On the menu problem, you probably have javascript
                TURNED OFF in your browser(s). Not JAVA, but Javascript.
                Turn it on and menus will work.

                About bold/italic/etc. NoteTab (all 3 versions) are TEXT EDITOR'S, not
                "Word Processors."
                Word Processors, have those features. Text Editors are bought and used by
                ppl
                who need PLAIN TEXT for a variety of "programming" reasons. Most programming
                I know of is done in Text Editors.

                See below: http://www.notetab.com/faq-using.php

                *How can I set attributes (bold, underline, …) for individual text
                elements? *This is not possible with NoteTab (or any *plain text* editor
                for that matter).
                This feature would require storing special control characters in the
                document.
                Since NoteTab is a *plain text* editor, it only saves documents as text
                without
                any control codes. Therefore all formatting information would be lost when
                you
                open the document again. If you want to format individual text elements,
                you
                will need a more sophisticated editor like a word processor.

                Now, all three version are Html5 and Css3 capable. Meaning you can have
                your bold/italic/underline, in .htm* type files, opened in browsers.

                So you may not be aware of theses features.

                Hit F4 to see the "Clipbook." at the left. You'll then see a dropdown with
                all the
                "clips", including html stuff

                Click View | ClipBook | and 1 of the 4 choices, to see a new horizontal
                toolbar
                that has Html/Css and Bootstrap.

                Finally, click View | Library Bar, to see a new horizontal toolbar at the
                bottom,
                and another way to get to said CLIPS.

                Hth.

                AL

              • MyP
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 14, 2013
                  Hello Al, thanks again for taking the trouble to answer.

                  I do not have Javascript turned off. I don't have time to debug why it generates some menu items and not others. Maybe a .js file is being blocked or something. But it doesn't matter, as I have found the fookes website and that works.

                  I now understand about the plain text editing and will use html for markup to show in browser or Evernote.
                  Thanks for the step-by-step with the clipbook, that will save me some time.

                  Have a nice weekend,
                  Mynah