NoteTab as information manager?

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2013
      I thinkstarting withthe use ofan informationmanager.Theoutlinefeature
      inNoteTabcan be used(in my caseonlytext),I gather.
      Thereare, of course, specific programmes for,such as: AllMyNotes
      Organizer or Inforecall

      There areexperiencesofusers here,bad and goodexperiences?

      IfI would chooseOutline ofNoteTab, is itpossible that thedate and
      source/linkof informationisautomaticallyincludedinthe note?

      You see, thiskind ofinformation management istotally unknownto me.

      Thank you,

      --
      adrien

      - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
    • Tony Hirtenstein
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2013
        On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:57:12 +0100, "Adrien Verlee" <adrien.verlee@...> so
        much as wrote:

        ; If I would choose Outline of NoteTab, is it possible that the date and
        ; source/link of information is automatically included in the note?

        Not automatically. But you can press F5 to insert the date and time.
        You may be able to do more with the scripting language built into Note Tab; but
        for that you need to visit the ntb-clips group:-
        http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ntb-clips/.

        --

        ******************* A.T.Hirtenstein ****************************
        West Oxfordshire ******************* <tonyh@...>
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 25, 2013
          On 11/25/2013 6:57 AM, Adrien Verlee wrote:

          I thinkstarting withthe use ofan informationmanager.Theoutlinefeature
          inNoteTabcan be used(in my caseonlytext),I gather.
          Thereare, of course, specific programmes for,such as: AllMyNotes
          Organizer or Inforecall

          There areexperiencesofusers here,bad and goodexperiences?

          IfI would chooseOutline ofNoteTab, is itpossible that thedate and
          source/linkof informationisautomaticallyincludedinthe note?

          I use Note Tabs Outlines for many things.
          A trick I use to extend their usefulness, is to indent, implying, hierarchy, right in the topic Heading. Example:

          Topic
            Sub-topic
              Sub-sub-topic

          Bob

          --
          Knowledge is NOT enough!
          Knowledge + Confidence enables Action.
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 25, 2013
            On 11/25/2013 8:13 AM, Bob Gorman wrote:

            I use Note Tabs Outlines for many things.
            MINOR clarification:
            A trick I use to extend their usefulness, is to indent, implying, hierarchy, right in the topic Heading, by starting with 2 'spaces'.

            Example:

            Topic
              Sub-topic
                Sub-sub-topic
            Bob

            --
            God gave us grapes;
            Entrepreneurs gave us wine.
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 25, 2013
              Hi Adrien,

              Adrien Verlee wrote:
              >IfI would chooseOutline ofNoteTab, is itpossible that thedate and
              >source/linkof informationisautomaticallyincludedinthe note?

              Why don't you start with getting a space bar? :-P

              Sorry! Couldn't resist!

              There is a way with ordinary text files, but AFAIK it doesn't work
              with outlines. See the topic Keep a Log in Help. It's next last under
              How To. The problem with this though is that the date stamp is
              inserted when the file is opened, so you need to close it before you
              make your next entry. If you still want to use this log feature you
              can combine outline and text files by linking to the text files from
              an outline. That's actually a good way to add an additional layer to
              outlines. All about how to to that is in the somewhat hidden file
              called ReadMe.otl. On my computer it's in the same directory as
              Notepro.exe. I keep my settings in the ini file, I don't know if that
              affects where the ReadMe and Help files are.

              Lotta
            • Adrien Verlee
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 27, 2013
                loro schreef op 25/11/2013 23:13:
                > Why don't you start with getting a space bar?:-P

                Thanks to all who gave a response. It's become KeepNote.

                http://keepnote.org/

                My apology for the lost space between words in the earlier post.