M-dashes and smart quotes problem

  • robert_h_sf
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2013
      I'm using NoteTab Light 7.1. When working with HTML files originally saved from Word as "HTML, Filtered," I notice that

      " " are changed to " "
      ' is changed to '
      — (mdash) is changed to - (hyphen)

      Possibly other non-keyboard characters are changed too, but those are the only such characters the files contain.

      I go through and search-and-replace them to kind I want, and a few saves/loads later, I notice they're back to the kind I don't want.

      This doesn't happen regularly. I can create a file, put some " and " in it, save it and reload it, and the quotes remain the way I entered them. But if I work on a file, at some point, the characters change.

      Has anybody had this happen? Anybody know the solution? Thanks.
    • robert_h_sf
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2013
        This question can be closed. Notetab Light doesn't support Unicode, and that's that. There's no solution.