Can't get word wrap to function when pasting

  • zidgotama
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2013
      Hi, on previous versions of Notetab light I was able to paste large amounts of text into a newly created or old document that had word wrap set from the creation of the document, I've set it to 70 chars or 72 - but on this latest version everytime I try to paste  anything into the document the text is not word wrapped and large amounts of text just goes into one endless line that passes out over the screen border.

      I have to manually either split lines or close and reopen the document for every body of text that I paste into the document to get the program to wordwrap it.
      is it me or is this somehting other people experience too?

      Thanks for a really excellent notepad that I've been using since around 1996.
      It's still the very best I've come across.

      All the best from Norway
      Jan
    • Dave.Mainwaring
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2013
        I installed {win7} NoteTab Light 7.1 free version. I can't get word wrap to work.

        --
        Avocation: Building "Knowledge Networks" where participants share, learn and grow
        --

        On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM, <lagerboks@...> wrote:

        Hi, on previous versions of Notetab light I was able to paste large amounts of text into a newly created or old document that had word wrap set from the creation of the document, I've set it to 70 chars or 72 - but on this latest version everytime I try to paste  anything into the document the text is not word wrapped and large amounts of text just goes into one endless line that passes out over the screen border.

        I have to manually either split lines or close and reopen the document for every body of text that I paste into the document to get the program to wordwrap it.
        is it me or is this somehting other people experience too?

        Thanks for a really excellent notepad that I've been using since around 1996.
        It's still the very best I've come across.

        All the best from Norway
        Jan

      • Subu S
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2013
          After pasting content in Note tab try Contrl + W (i.e.) hold control key down and press the 'w' key

          --

          Regards
          Subu

          mail_to_subu@...

          On Friday, 18 October 2013, 16:40, "notetab@yahoogroups.com" <notetab@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          There are 2 messages in this issue.

          Topics in this digest:

          1a. Can't get word wrap to function when pasting
              From:  zidgotama
          1b. Re: Can't get word wrap to function when pasting
              From: Dave.Mainwaring

          Messages
          1a. Can't get word wrap to function when pasting
              Posted by:  lagerboks@... zidgotama
              Date: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:12 am ((PDT))

          Hi, on previous versions of Notetab light I was able to paste large amounts of text into a newly created or old document that had word wrap set from the creation of the document, I've set it to 70 chars or 72 - but on this latest version everytime I try to paste  anything into the document the text is not word wrapped and large amounts of text just goes into one endless line that passes out over the screen border.

          I have to manually either split lines or close and reopen the document for every body of text that I paste into the document to get the program to wordwrap it.
          is it me or is this somehting other people experience too?

          Thanks for a really excellent notepad that I've been using since around 1996.
          It's still the very best I've come across.

          All the best from Norway
          Jan

          Messages in this topic (2)
          1b. Re: Can't get word wrap to function when pasting
              Posted by: "Dave.Mainwaring" davemainwaring@...
              Date: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 am ((PDT))

          I installed {win7} NoteTab Light 7.1 free version. I can't get word wrap to
          work.

          --
          Avocation: Building "Knowledge Networks" where participants share, learn
          and grow
          --

          On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:42 PM, <lagerboks@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi, on previous versions of Notetab light I was able to paste large
          > amounts of text into a newly created or old document that had word wrap set
          > from the creation of the document, I've set it to 70 chars or 72 - but on
          > this latest version everytime I try to paste  anything into the document
          > the text is not word wrapped and large amounts of text just goes into one
          > endless line that passes out over the screen border.
          >
          > I have to manually either split lines or close and reopen the document for
          > every body of text that I paste into the document to get the program to
          > wordwrap it.
          > is it me or is this somehting other people experience too?
          >
          > Thanks for a really excellent notepad that I've been using since around
          > 1996.
          > It's still the very best I've come across.
          >
          > All the best from Norway
          > Jan

          Messages in this topic (2)

          Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/