confused about dual offer I bought?

  • Al Guevara
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2013
      Hi Group

      I upgraded my v6 to the recent v7 offer,  both Pro and Standard, one price. I was thinking I could put 1 on 1 box, and the other on a 2nd box.  But the install put both on. Is there a way around this?

      I'm sure there's some reason to have two editors on one box, but I've no use for it.  Anyone know how to use the dual offer on two boxes?

      Al Guevara
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2013
        On 2013-10-11 15:44, Al Guevara wrote:
        I upgraded my v6 to the recent v7 offer,  both Pro and Standard, one price. I was thinking I could put 1 on 1 box, and the other on a 2nd box.  But the install put both on. Is there a way around this?

        I'm sure there's some reason to have two editors on one box, but I've no use for it.  Anyone know how to use the dual offer on two boxes?

        Hi Al - per recent discussions I *think* Eric's  allows you to use it on two devices if you DON'T use it on both at the same time. AFAICT, its pretty much on the honor system. This would *NOT* apply you use box-1 and (say) a child/parent/spouse/friend were going to be using box-2.

        The reason for both STD and PRO being included in the same installer is more that each has some features the other does not.

        From HELP:

        Fookes Software hereby grants you a license to Use the Software on one computer owned by or leased to you, except as follows.

        If the Software is stored on a computer other than a network server then the primary user may also Use the Software on a home and/or laptop computer, provided the Software is used on only one machine at a time. Otherwise, a separate license is required for each single computer on which the Software will be used.

        Does your proposed usage fit with the above?

        --
        Regards... Alec (buralex@gmail & WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)
      • Al Guevara
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2013
          re: BUMMED

          Hi Alex

          Sorry for delay, been offline for more than a week.

          Thanks for clarifying this. I'm bummed. I was SURE I was buying a BOGO deal, as I use 2 computers on 1 keyboard/mouse setup.

          ​Bummer.

          Thank you much!

          Tucson-WebDesign.com - Al Guevara

          Web: Website Design, Maintenance, Consultation, Hosting, E-mail, Domain Names.
          Seo: Site optimization, Submission, Paid Inclusion.
          Software: Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Frontpage, Online Editors.
          Cushycms: Convert your site so text is editible in your Browser. No more hiring Webmaster's.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 26, 2013
            Al:
            I'm not sure that what you want is out of bounds ...
            I have the same setup - I use Synergy to share keyboard+mouse between my desktop and an always plugged in laptop that sits beside it.

            I think you should be able to install notetab on both and then on each use whichever of STD or PRO you prefer rather than using one (probably PRO?) on one and living with limitations of STD on the other.

            As I see it, if you are diligent about closing instance on one machine before opening an instance on the other machine you are good to go.
            <grin> beware the Swiss equivalent of NSA might be watching to see that you do so! </grin>

            @Eric (or other Fookes staff) If you read this, does my interpretation of license terms agree with yours?

            - Alec

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2013
              <grin> I like that  :)
              re: No disrespect to Eric and his fine products.

              More than anything, I think the wording is confusing on the new offer (not sure how new)  of "get two for one price".  No disrespect to Eric and his fine products.  I'm happy cust willing to pay, but the offer sounds like you get two versions to use on two each on one machine. The  prefer the sale system of buying 1 product.

              I'm sure "programmers" who have need (I guess?) for the varying features of Std and Pro like this, but as a lowly web designer who "does not" use NoteTab for web or programming, but for NOTE TAKING and Todo's etc, I can care less of which version I'm on.  I can easily stay on freebee the rest of my life, but I have bought PRO since v3 or v4 out of professional respect, as I GREAT software, and want to support its Eric.

              I sent Eric an email asking for help. Thanks for you help Alex.

              BTW, aren't you on the Yahaoo DW list?

              AL