I did something so that notetab++ is not loading txt files (running Windows 7)

  • Dave.Mainwaring
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
      When I select a file and open file  I get a black screen and a blinking line cursor

      I dowloaded NT++ again but that didn't fix my problem. I've been using NT as text editor for a long time.

      I can open txt files using AOO and save as plain txt

      Any suggestions on how to get a clean re-start? I'm having oh sh t day.

      Dave
      --
      Avocation: Building "Knowledge Networks" where participants share, learn and grow
      --

    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
        Interviewed by CNN on 06/10/2013 16:03, Dave.Mainwaring told the world:

        > When I select a file and open file I get a black screen and a
        > blinking line cursor
        >
        > Idowloaded NT++ again but that didn't fix my probl/em./ I've been
        > using NT as text editor for a long time.
        >
        > I can open txt files using AOO and save as plain txt
        >
        > Any suggestions on how to get a clean re-start? I'm having oh sh t day.
        Uhhh... there isn't a "Notetab++" product. There used to be a "Notetab+"
        a long, long time ago, but that name has been retired.

        However, there is a competitor to Notetab called "Notepad++".

        Which of them are you using, exactly? And which version?

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my cave wall paintings.
      • Dave.Mainwaring
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
          @Marcelo Bastos bytext@...

          I am using notetab++ Version 6.5.0.0
          and
          notetab-light V7.1 freeversion
          And
          notetab from MS which came with windows 7

          What say you <grin> ?

          --

          On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Marcelo Bastos <bytext@...> wrote:

          Interviewed by CNN on 06/10/2013 16:03, Dave.Mainwaring told the world:

          > When I select a file and open file I get a black screen and a
          > blinking line cursor
          >
          > Idowloaded NT++ again but that didn't fix my probl/em./ I've been
          > using NT as text editor for a long time.
          >
          > I can open txt files using AOO and save as plain txt
          >
          > Any suggestions on how to get a clean re-start? I'm having oh sh t day.
          Uhhh... there isn't a "Notetab++" product. There used to be a "Notetab+"
          a long, long time ago, but that name has been retired.

          However, there is a competitor to Notetab called "Notepad++".

          Which of them are you using, exactly? And which version?

          --
          MCBastos

          -=-=-
          ... Sent from my cave wall paintings.

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
            On 06 Oct 13 21:52 "Dave.Mainwaring" <davemainwaring@...> said:
            > What say you <grin> ?

            I'd say you can't tell your pads from your tabs.

            There's only one TAB in that lot!

            Greg
          • Dan Ford
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
              <mailto:bytext@...>

              > I am using notetab++ Version 6.5.0.0
              Notepad++ probably
              > and
              > notetab-light V7.1 freeversion
              Yes, from Fooks Software probably.
              > And
              > notetab from MS which came with windows 7
              Notepad, no question.

              > What say you <grin> ?
              I say you are conflating three different text editors: plain vanilla
              Notepad, the much superior Notepad++, and the basic NoteTab.

              -