multiple computers?

  • godanford
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
      I am presently using NoteTab Standard on an XP machine. I mean to upgrade to Pro but want to be able to run it also on a Windows 7 computer that will replace this old box, and also on a Windows 7 laptop that I use when traveling. Will I be able to pay the upgrade fee and download to these three different computers? Thanks! -- Dan
    • Sean
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013

        DISCLAIMER: This may be contrary to your user license in which case the EULA prevails over any of my feedback.

        Actually if you copy the setup program to another computer it will install there too. As I said above, if this goes against any licensing agreements, that’s another matter.   It’s possible that you will be obligated to purchase three licenses.

        I am presently using NoteTab Standard on an XP machine. I mean to upgrade to Pro but want to be able to run it also on a Windows 7 computer that will replace this old box, and also on a Windows 7 laptop that I use when traveling. Will I be able to pay the upgrade fee and download to these three different computers? Thanks! Dan

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2013
          Hi,

          On 07 Oct 13 02:01 "Sean" <schwa@...> said:
          > DISCLAIMER: This may be contrary to your user license in which case
          > the EULA prevails over any of my feedback.
          >

          > Actually if you copy the setup program to another computer it will
          > install there too. As I said above, if this goes against any
          > licensing agreements, that’s another matter. It’s possible that
          > you will be obligated to purchase three licenses.

          Licence details are included in the Help file. The Commercial Version
          includes this:

          2.2. Commercial Version Use

          This license is subject to your compliance with the terms and
          conditions of this Agreement, including payment.

          Fookes Software hereby grants you a license to Use the Software on one
          computer owned by or leased to you, except as follows.

          If the Software is stored on a computer other than a network server
          then the primary user may also Use the Software on a home and/or
          laptop computer, provided the Software is used on only one machine at
          a time. Otherwise, a separate license is required for each single
          computer on which the Software will be used.

          You may transfer all your rights to use the Software to another
          individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i)
          this Agreement, (ii) the Software, including all copies, upgrades,
          updates and prior versions to such individual or entity; (b) you
          retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including back-ups and copies
          stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms
          and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions
          under which you purchased a valid license to the Software.

          Greg
        • Dan Ford
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2013
            Thanks to both. (I am amused to know that I won't know what I've bought
            until I've actually bought the software!)

            -- Dan

            > > Actually if you copy the setup program to another computer it will
            > > install there too. As I said above, if this goes against any
            > > licensing agreements, that’s another matter. It’s possible that
            > > you will be obligated to purchase three licenses.
            >
            > Licence details are included in the Help file. The Commercial Version
            > includes this:
            >
            > 2.2. Commercial Version Use
            >
            > This license is subject to your compliance with the terms and
            > conditions of this Agreement, including payment.
            >
            > Fookes Software hereby grants you a license to Use the Software on one
            > computer owned by or leased to you, except as follows.
            >
            > If the Software is stored on a computer other than a network server
            > then the primary user may also Use the Software on a home and/or
            > laptop computer, provided the Software is used on only one machine at
            > a time. Otherwise, a separate license is required for each single
            > computer on which the Software will be used.
            >
            > You may transfer all your rights to use the Software to another
            > individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i)
            > this Agreement, (ii) the Software, including all copies, upgrades,
            > updates and prior versions to such individual or entity; (b) you
            > retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including back-ups and copies
            > stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms
            > and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions
            > under which you purchased a valid license to the Software.

          • Don
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2013
              Well it says single user license in the pricing .... when in fact he
              grants it to a person for home/work use on one computer at a time. Also
              he gives a 30 day free trial:
              "Not sure if NoteTab will suit your needs? Then take advantage of our
              free 30-day trial before ordering."

              And a 90 day refund policy: "Our Money-Back Guarantee. If you aren’t
              absolutely satisfied with NoteTab, just contact us within 90 days for a
              prompt and courteous refund."

              Hard to argue with that.