Re: [NTB] Generate Random Alphanumeric Codes

  • Apometron
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 21, 2013
      Do you know Take Command?

      http://jpsoft.com/take-command-windows-scripting.html

      It is command processor with a powerful builtin script language.

      It can do what you are asking for.

      []s
      Rodrigo Cesar Banhara
      http://about.me/apometron

      On 21/08/2013 18:17, burtabreu wrote:
      > Hi. I have been using Notetab Pro for several years, but mostly as an enhanced text editor and sometimes use the built in menu tools to clean stuff up. I know it is possible to do some macro like programming stuff but have never experimented.
      >
      > I will need to generate a list of 10,000 random unique alphanumeric numbers every so often here at work and was wondering if NoteTab Pro can do this and if there might be an example or an existing clip I can use?
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > Burt

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 21, 2013
        From the site docs (what I read of them) it looks powerful but at $595
        it would take pretty serious requirements to motivate purchase. IIRC I
        had once checked out what appears to be the predecessor program NT4 but
        that was years ago.

        On 2013-08-21 18:15, Apometron wrote:
        > Do you know Take Command?
        >
        > http://jpsoft.com/take-command-windows-scripting.html
        >
        > It is command processor with a powerful builtin script language.
        >
        > It can do what you are asking for.
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 21, 2013
          you can probably write a clip to change that 595 to 95�.

          Regards,
          John

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 21, 2013
            It is not that expensive, it is 103 dollars in the basic licence.

            I dont know where you did see $595 for the basic licence.

            100 dollars it not much expensive, it is a good software,
            it reaally is a good buy.

            I use it everyday with scripts I did.

            I dont know you, but I will pay the 103 dollars.

            Have fun,
            Rodrigo Cesar Banhara
            http://about.me/apometron

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 21, 2013
              It is not 595 dollars, but 103 dollars.

              The software is powerful, believe in me.

              []s
              Rodrigo Cesar Banhara

              On 22/08/2013 01:17, John Shotsky wrote:
              > you can probably write a clip to change that 595 to 95….
              >
              > Regards,
              > John

            • Bob McAllister
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 22, 2013
                On 22/08/2013 7:17 AM, burtabreu wrote:
                > Hi. I have been using Notetab Pro for several years, but mostly as an enhanced text editor and sometimes use the built in menu tools to clean stuff up. I know it is possible to do some macro like programming stuff but have never experimented.
                >
                > I will need to generate a list of 10,000 random unique alphanumeric numbers every so often here at work and was wondering if NoteTab Pro can do this and if there might be an example or an existing clip I can use?
                >
                > Thanks for your help.
                >
                > Burt

                Be aware that 10,000 random alphanumeric strings need not be "unique". A
                truly random number generator will (eventually) produce the same number
                twice.

                You may need to apply a check mechanism to ensure that there are no
                repeated entries in your list of 10,000 (if that is actually a
                requirement of your use case.)

                Bob McAllister
              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 22, 2013
                  Ooops ... re 595 price ... my bad
                  On this page on my screen http://jpsoft.com/buynow.html#MultiSystem the
                  single user price is $99 but the font made me see the leading $ as a 5
                  hence 585 :-[

                  On 2013-08-22 00:35, Apometron wrote:
                  > It is not 595 dollars, but 103 dollars.
                  >
                  > The software is powerful, believe in me.
                  >
                  > []s
                  > Rodrigo Cesar Banhara
                  >

                  > On 22/08/2013 01:17, John Shotsky wrote:
                  >> you can probably write a clip to change that 595 to 95….
                  >>
                  >> Regards,
                  >> John
                  >> RecipeTools Web Site:<http://recipetools.gotdns.com/> http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

                • Thomas Gruber
                  Hi, They should really fire their web site designer. Kind regards
Thomas Von meinem iPad gesendet / sent from iPad
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 23, 2013
                    Hi,