Re: [NTB] NTP 7 hangs while starting

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8, 2013
      Hi Art,

      On 08 Aug 13 21:49 Art Kocsis <artkns@...> said:
      > The simplest way is to just save it with a different name after your
      > edit, close Notetab and copy the saved file to the active Notetab
      > ini file name. Do this from a fresh start on Notetab and the only
      > thing you lose is the ini edit session.

      There's a still simpler method that you've forgotten about...

      From: Help > Tips and how to

      If you are very familiar with INI files, you can edit NoteTab's own
      INI file like any other document. To have your changes taken into
      account when you reopen NoteTab, you must rename the file by adding an
      exclamation mark in front of the name (e.g. !NoteTab.INI). Next time
      you run NoteTab, the content of the renamed INI file will be used.

      Greg
    • Jeffery Scism
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2013
        NTP used to hang on every start when I was using Win8, THAT was the
        specific reason I dumped Win8 and went back to Win 7. NoteTab is THAT
        important to what I do.

        Jeff
      • Art Kocsis
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
          At 8/11/2013 06:26 AM, Jeff wrote:
          >NTP used to hang on every start when I was using Win8, THAT was the
          >specific reason I dumped Win8 and went back to Win 7. NoteTab is THAT
          >important to what I do.

          Never buy an even numbered version/incarnation of windows:

          Win 3 Good for its time
          Win 95 So So
          Win 98 Good
          Win 98 ME Poor
          Win 5 (XP) Quite Good
          Win 6 (Vista) Disaster
          Win 7 Good
          Win 8 Catastrophe

          And the even one are getting worse with each release.
          Dump your MS stock before they release version 10!

          Art
        • Marcelo Bastos
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
            Interviewed by CNN on 12/08/2013 08:11, Art Kocsis told the world:
            > Never buy an even numbered version/incarnation of windows:
            >
            > Win 3 Good for its time
            > Win 95 So So
            > Win 98 Good
            > Win 98 ME Poor
            > Win 5 (XP) Quite Good
            > Win 6 (Vista) Disaster
            > Win 7 Good
            > Win 8 Catastrophe
            >
            > And the even one are getting worse with each release.
            > Dump your MS stock before they release version 10!

            Well, yes, Microsoft has had a number of notable failures. But you
            skipped a few notable versions, and your definition of "odd" and "even"
            is troublesome:

            Win 3.0 - Good for its time
            Windows for Workgroups 3.1 - Useful add-ons like multimedia and networking
            Windows 95 (4.0) - New UI, useful features, generally OK
            Windows 98 (4.1) - Bloated with useless garbage
            Windows 98 SE (4.1.2222) - Mostly fixed
            Windows ME (4.9) - Absolute crap
            Windows 2000 (5.0) - Surprisingly good; the last time the first
            iteration of a major Windows version worked well (actually came out
            *before* WinME)
            Windows XP (5.1) - Improved innards, dumbed-down UI designed by a team
            from Fisher-Price and Playskool while watching Teletubbies
            Windows Vista (6.0) - Bloated, buggy, crappy
            Windows 7 (6.1 actually) - Good
            Windows 8 (6.2 actually) - Slightly improved innards, disastrous UI
            Windows 8.1 "Blue" (6.3 actually) - Attempt to fix the UI; to me, it
            appears to be too little, too late

            So, which are "odd" and which are "even?" By my reckoning, at least four
            even versions (3.0, 4.0, 4.1.2222 and 5.0) were quite good, and I don't
            hold much hope for 6.3/8.1, which would be counted as "odd". And the
            first major disaster (Windows ME) had an odd version number.

            Yeah, it's easier with Star Trek movies...

            --
            MCBastos

            -=-=-
            ... Sent from my MaxiPad.