Help - Accidentally opened two documents side by side

  • molly07307
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
      Hi
      I have been using Notetab for years and never done this. I use Pro 6.2/fv. I have accidentally hit something and now I have two documents showing side by side on my screen. I have no idea what I did, so no idea how to undo it and go back to just one document. Please help if you can.

      Much appreciated.
    • M Peloquin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
        One can deliberately do this by using [Ctrl]-[Shift]-W. This is a
        toggle so try the same to make it go away. You may have to do it twice.
        The menu option is
        Document > Second Window

        On 7/25/2013 7:50 AM, molly07307 wrote:

        > Hi
        > I have been using Notetab for years and never done this. I use Pro
        > 6.2/fv. I have accidentally hit something and now I have two documents
        > showing side by side on my screen. I have no idea what I did, so no
        > idea how to undo it and go back to just one document. Please help if
        > you can.
        >
        > Much appreciated.

        The shortest distance between two points in always
        under construction.
      • molly07307
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
          Yes, it worked! Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, M Peloquin <peloquin@...> wrote:

          > One can deliberately do this by using [Ctrl]-[Shift]-W. This is a
          > toggle so try the same to make it go away. You may have to do it twice.
          > The menu option is
          > Document > Second Window
          >
          > On 7/25/2013 7:50 AM, molly07307 wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi
          > > I have been using Notetab for years and never done this. I use Pro
          > > 6.2/fv. I have accidentally hit something and now I have two documents
          > > showing side by side on my screen. I have no idea what I did, so no
          > > idea how to undo it and go back to just one document. Please help if
          > > you can.
          > >
          > > Much appreciated.
          > >

          > --
          >
          > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          > The shortest distance between two points in always
          > under construction.

        • Al Guevara
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
            A feature you didn't know about huh?

            It can only happen if two or more docs are open
            and can only happen if you accidently click
            Document/ Second window

            Fun mistake?

            AL

            On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 5:50 AM, molly07307 <kmc@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi
            > I have been using Notetab for years and never done this. I use Pro 6.2/fv.
            > I have accidentally hit something and now I have two documents showing side
            > by side on my screen. I have no idea what I did, so no idea how to undo it
            > and go back to just one document. Please help if you can.
            >
            > Much appreciated.

          • Karen Ciancio
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25, 2013
              Yes and a feature I didn't WANT to know about. And an accident it was.
              Bugged me for over an hour until some kind person told me how to fix it.

              By the way Al, I just noticed your email address as a web designer. Would
              you know of anyone who could help me with any technical issues on a
              Wordpress blog, including Apache, php etc? if you do, email me on the group
              and I will email you at your personal email address. Hope you don't mind me
              asking.

              Karen