Re: How to paste text with non standard characters and edit them

  • alev.yadigar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
      Thank you John.
      I appreciate your kind help very much.

      I wish I did not need another software but I have to it seems for just copy and paste work.

      By the way do you know any settings or how to go about having "
      Documents:
      Use as paste board (or shift ctrl p) version in EditPad Pro please, if any

      Kind Regards

      > NoteTab is an ASCII text editor. Those characters are not in the ASCII set. The REASON they are coded like that is so that the files
      > can be edited in a plain text editor without turning the actual characters into question marks AND so that they can be displayed in
      > a browser, which expects those characters to be coded like that. You could write a substitution routine that substitutes US ASCII
      > for those characters for editing, then convert them back later. You might be able to see them if you open NoteTab while appending
      > the open with the code page, but that would only be useful if you could actually see the characters, which you can't when they are
      > coded as UTF-8 character entities.
      >
      > If you want them out of the document, then you can substitute. If you want to keep them, you should use an editor that supports
      > Unicode properly, such as EditPad Pro.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
        It is not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. If you are copying ascii, it should paste without any extra characters. Do
        you have a link to the text you are trying to copy? More details are needed before useful help can be offered.

        Regards,
        John