How to paste text with non standard characters and edit them

  • alev.yadigar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2013
      What should I change in the notetab so that I could use notetab rather than notepad++. or similar products to get the exact copy of the original characters

      examples :
      original

      Ğ-İ-Ş
      ğ-ı-ş

      when copied and pasted into notetab they become:

      G(-I.-S,
      g(-?-s,

      in notetab
    • alev.yadigar
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
        No one including the NoteTab Programmers have any solutions to this please?

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "alev.yadigar" <alev.yadigar@...> wrote:

        > What should I change in the notetab so that I could use notetab rather than notepad++. or similar products to get the exact copy of the original characters
        >
        > examples :
        > original
        >
        > Ğ-İ-Ş
        > ğ-ı-ş
        >
        > when copied and pasted into notetab they become:
        >
        > G(-I.-S,
        > g(-?-s,
        >
        > in notetab

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
          NoteTab is an ASCII text editor. Those characters are not in the ASCII set. The REASON they are coded like that is so that the files
          can be edited in a plain text editor without turning the actual characters into question marks AND so that they can be displayed in
          a browser, which expects those characters to be coded like that. You could write a substitution routine that substitutes US ASCII
          for those characters for editing, then convert them back later. You might be able to see them if you open NoteTab while appending
          the open with the code page, but that would only be useful if you could actually see the characters, which you can't when they are
          coded as UTF-8 character entities.

          If you want them out of the document, then you can substitute. If you want to keep them, you should use an editor that supports
          Unicode properly, such as EditPad Pro.

          Regards,
          John

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , "alev.yadigar" <alev.yadigar@...> wrote:

          > What should I change in the notetab so that I could use notetab rather than notepad++. or similar products to get the exact copy
          of the original characters

          > examples :
          > original
          >
          > G-I-S
          > g-i-s
          >
          > when copied and pasted into notetab they become:
          >
          > G(-I.-S,
          > g(-?-s,
          >
          > in notetab

        • alev.yadigar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
            Thank you John.
            I appreciate your kind help very much.

            I wish I did not need another software but I have to it seems for just copy and paste work.

            By the way do you know any settings or how to go about having "
            Documents:
            Use as paste board (or shift ctrl p) version in EditPad Pro please, if any

            Kind Regards

            > NoteTab is an ASCII text editor. Those characters are not in the ASCII set. The REASON they are coded like that is so that the files
            > can be edited in a plain text editor without turning the actual characters into question marks AND so that they can be displayed in
            > a browser, which expects those characters to be coded like that. You could write a substitution routine that substitutes US ASCII
            > for those characters for editing, then convert them back later. You might be able to see them if you open NoteTab while appending
            > the open with the code page, but that would only be useful if you could actually see the characters, which you can't when they are
            > coded as UTF-8 character entities.
            >
            > If you want them out of the document, then you can substitute. If you want to keep them, you should use an editor that supports
            > Unicode properly, such as EditPad Pro.
            >
            > Regards,
            > John

          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2013
              It is not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. If you are copying ascii, it should paste without any extra characters. Do
              you have a link to the text you are trying to copy? More details are needed before useful help can be offered.

              Regards,
              John