RE: [NTB] Using the 'Find and Replace' option.

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
      Thanks John,

      I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
      I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.

      Is that possible?

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple

      At 22/06/2013 08:43 AM, you wrote:
      >You just need to use backslashes instead of forward slashes.
      >
      >Regards,
      >John
      >RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
      >http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
      >John's Mags Yahoo
      >Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnsmags/>

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
        Set the find to: \d\K\x20
        Set the replace to:,
        The number will be kept, the space will be replaced with a comma.

        Regards,
        John

        I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
        I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.

        Is that possible?

        Many thanks,

        Robin Chapple

        At 22/06/2013 08:43 AM, you wrote:
        >You just need to use backslashes instead of forward slashes.
        >
        >Regards,
        >John
        >RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
        >http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
        >John's Mags Yahoo
        >Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnsmags/>

      • Don
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
          many ways, but "(\d\d\d\d\-\d\d\d\d) " with "$1\t" is one way to do what
          you want as is "(\d{4}\-\d{4}) " with the same replace

          if the dates are not always in fours you can use \d+ or \d{2,4} for
          example in the above

          there is also a way with non-capture I think ...

          On 6/21/2013 6:50 PM, Robin Chapple wrote:
          > Thanks John,
          >
          > I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
          > I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.
          >
          > Is that possible?
          >
          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Robin Chapple
        • Don
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2013
            Try something like this:
            (?:\d+\-\d+)\K

            On 6/21/2013 9:47 PM, Don wrote:
            > many ways, but "(\d\d\d\d\-\d\d\d\d) " with "$1\t" is one way to do what
            > you want as is "(\d{4}\-\d{4}) " with the same replace
            >
            > if the dates are not always in fours you can use \d+ or \d{2,4} for
            > example in the above
            >
            > there is also a way with non-capture I think ...
            >
            > On 6/21/2013 6:50 PM, Robin Chapple wrote:
            >> Thanks John,
            >>
            >> I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
            >> I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.
            >>
            >> Is that possible?
            >>
            >> Many thanks,
            >>
            >> Robin Chapple

          • Robin Chapple
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2013
              Many thanks John, That was exactly what I needed.

              Cheers,

              Robin