RE: [NTB] Using the 'Find and Replace' option.

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21 3:43 PM
      You just need to use backslashes instead of forward slashes.

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21 3:50 PM
        Thanks John,

        I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
        I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.

        Is that possible?

        Many thanks,

        Robin Chapple

        At 22/06/2013 08:43 AM, you wrote:
        >You just need to use backslashes instead of forward slashes.
        >
        >Regards,
        >John
        >RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
        >http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
        >John's Mags Yahoo
        >Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnsmags/>

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21 6:41 PM
          Set the find to: \d\K\x20
          Set the replace to:,
          The number will be kept, the space will be replaced with a comma.

          Regards,
          John

          I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
          I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.

          Is that possible?

          Many thanks,

          Robin Chapple

          At 22/06/2013 08:43 AM, you wrote:
          >You just need to use backslashes instead of forward slashes.
          >
          >Regards,
          >John
          >RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
          >http://recipetools.gotdns.com/
          >John's Mags Yahoo
          >Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/johnsmags/>

        • Don
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21 6:47 PM
            many ways, but "(\d\d\d\d\-\d\d\d\d) " with "$1\t" is one way to do what
            you want as is "(\d{4}\-\d{4}) " with the same replace

            if the dates are not always in fours you can use \d+ or \d{2,4} for
            example in the above

            there is also a way with non-capture I think ...

            On 6/21/2013 6:50 PM, Robin Chapple wrote:
            > Thanks John,
            >
            > I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
            > I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.
            >
            > Is that possible?
            >
            > Many thanks,
            >
            > Robin Chapple
          • Don
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21 7:26 PM
              Try something like this:
              (?:\d+\-\d+)\K

              On 6/21/2013 9:47 PM, Don wrote:
              > many ways, but "(\d\d\d\d\-\d\d\d\d) " with "$1\t" is one way to do what
              > you want as is "(\d{4}\-\d{4}) " with the same replace
              >
              > if the dates are not always in fours you can use \d+ or \d{2,4} for
              > example in the above
              >
              > there is also a way with non-capture I think ...
              >
              > On 6/21/2013 6:50 PM, Robin Chapple wrote:
              >> Thanks John,
              >>
              >> I have ticked the Regular Expressions box and the space is found but
              >> I need to only replace the space with a comma, I need to digit to remain.
              >>
              >> Is that possible?
              >>
              >> Many thanks,
              >>
              >> Robin Chapple

            • Robin Chapple
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 22 5:11 PM
                Many thanks John, That was exactly what I needed.

                Cheers,

                Robin