Re: No sounds

  • Al Guevara
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
      Search for NOTEPRO.INI in:
      C:\Users
      to see if there is second file.

      Al

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Ugly Sean" <schwa@...> wrote:

      > I find it very curious that SOMETIMES I get MS Office sound effects from
      > NoteTab, but often the option is greyed out.
      > Meanwhile, I found the elusive notepro.ini at
      > C:\USERS\SEAN\APPDATA\ROAMING\NOTETAB PRO\NOTEPRO.INI
      >
      > I added the section
      >
      > [Options]
      > UseOfficeSounds=1
      >
      > In an attempt to manually force the issue.
      > No such luck. Any more ideas?

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
        A program everyone should have is called 'everything'. It knows where everything on your computer is located.
        http://www.voidtools.com/
        It is amazing, and can even find parts of file names, independent of drive, etc. It takes it a little while to index everything, but
        once it's done, it keeps track in the background. For this file, you would simply type *note*.ini and presto - any/all versions
        would appear. I found 15 of them on my computer, from various versions, backups and on three different drives. All in a search that
        took less than a second.

        Regards,
        John

        > I find it very curious that SOMETIMES I get MS Office sound effects from
        > NoteTab, but often the option is greyed out.
        > Meanwhile, I found the elusive notepro.ini at
        > C:\USERS\SEAN\APPDATA\ROAMING\NOTETAB PRO\NOTEPRO.INI
        >
        > I added the section
        >
        > [Options]
        > UseOfficeSounds=1
        >
        > In an attempt to manually force the issue.
        > No such luck. Any more ideas?

      • Ugly Sean
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
          Actually there is. Thanks. And I made sure the sound bit was indicated there
          as well.

          I'll see if it keeps up. Thanks.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
            Funny thing but I acquired that recently y- I have no idea from where. But I
            haven't made much use of it.
            I'll check it out because right now the sounds are flaky. Sometimes they
            work, sometimes they don't.