No sounds

  • Ugly Sean
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20 7:50 AM
      I find it very curious that SOMETIMES I get MS Office sound effects from
      NoteTab, but often the option is greyed out.
      Meanwhile, I found the elusive notepro.ini at
      C:\USERS\SEAN\APPDATA\ROAMING\NOTETAB PRO\NOTEPRO.INI

      I added the section

      [Options]
      UseOfficeSounds=1

      In an attempt to manually force the issue.
      No such luck. Any more ideas?
    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21 8:24 AM
        Search for NOTEPRO.INI in:
        C:\Users
        to see if there is second file.

        Al

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Ugly Sean" <schwa@...> wrote:

        > I find it very curious that SOMETIMES I get MS Office sound effects from
        > NoteTab, but often the option is greyed out.
        > Meanwhile, I found the elusive notepro.ini at
        > C:\USERS\SEAN\APPDATA\ROAMING\NOTETAB PRO\NOTEPRO.INI
        >
        > I added the section
        >
        > [Options]
        > UseOfficeSounds=1
        >
        > In an attempt to manually force the issue.
        > No such luck. Any more ideas?

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21 8:46 AM
          A program everyone should have is called 'everything'. It knows where everything on your computer is located.
          http://www.voidtools.com/
          It is amazing, and can even find parts of file names, independent of drive, etc. It takes it a little while to index everything, but
          once it's done, it keeps track in the background. For this file, you would simply type *note*.ini and presto - any/all versions
          would appear. I found 15 of them on my computer, from various versions, backups and on three different drives. All in a search that
          took less than a second.

          Regards,
          John

          > I find it very curious that SOMETIMES I get MS Office sound effects from
          > NoteTab, but often the option is greyed out.
          > Meanwhile, I found the elusive notepro.ini at
          > C:\USERS\SEAN\APPDATA\ROAMING\NOTETAB PRO\NOTEPRO.INI
          >
          > I added the section
          >
          > [Options]
          > UseOfficeSounds=1
          >
          > In an attempt to manually force the issue.
          > No such luck. Any more ideas?

        • Ugly Sean
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21 7:41 PM
            Actually there is. Thanks. And I made sure the sound bit was indicated there
            as well.

            I'll see if it keeps up. Thanks.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21 7:48 PM
              Funny thing but I acquired that recently y- I have no idea from where. But I
              haven't made much use of it.
              I'll check it out because right now the sounds are flaky. Sometimes they
              work, sometimes they don't.