RE: [NTB] Re: Search and replace clip help

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 9 , May 20, 2013
      From your sample, it appears that you want to replace [space][letter][backslash] following a number with just [backslash]. It also
      appears that this will only occur on the end of a line. Assuming these are correct, this will do it.
      ^!Replace "\d\K\x20[a-z](?=\\$)" >> "" ARSW

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 9 , May 20, 2013
        On 5/20/2013 5:34 AM, plhpr wrote:
        > Thanks for this but nothing seems to work.
        >
        > I want to change the a\ and b\ and c\ etc in this context below:-
        >
        > First of the Summer Wine - ]Cyril Gerber Fine Art & Compass[ - 2 b\
        > Fred Cuming RA - ]Adam (Bath)[ - 13 a\
        >
        > into this:-
        > First of the Summer Wine - ]Cyril Gerber Fine Art & Compass[ - 2\
        > Fred Cuming RA - ]Adam (Bath)[ - 13\
        >
        > I have tried all suggestions. One method worked once and then failed
        on the next pass and didn't work again.

        > ie:
        > ^!Replace ' a\' '\' WSTA
        > ^!Replace ' b\' '\' WSTA
        >
        > Thanks for all help, any ideas.
        >
        > PH

        ph,

        These commands work pretty well;

        as a group:
        ^!Replace "^%space%a\" >> "\" TWSA
        ^!Replace "^%space%b\" >> "\" TWSA
        ^!Replace "^%space%c\" >> "\" TWSA
        ^!Replace "^%space%d\" >> "\" TWSA

        individually:
        ^!Replace "\ [a-z]\\$" >> "\" WRSA

        ^!Replace "(\ a\\)|(\ b\\)|(\ c\\)|(\ d\\)$" >> "\" WRSA

        ¤• JD#.140 - ¤• SL.1639/@12>24 - 13.05.20~11.57.25

        • World's Shortest Books
        • Dr. Kevorkian's Collection Of Motivational Speeches

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 9 , May 20, 2013
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "plhpr" <ph@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for this but nothing seems to work.

          No surprise! This was meant for use with the 'Search | Replace' command since - so far - you didn't talk of a clip. Also you are posting to the Basic Group and not to the Clip Group.

          So if you try do it by clip, try a non-Regex-solution...

          ^!Replace " a\" >> "\" WSA
          ^!Replace " b\" >> "\" WSA

          No 'T' option needed here. NT will match it anyway because the search string is containing word-delimiting characters.

          Maybe John's proposal is more exact since it anchors the string at end of line. So you may use that pattern in case it accords with the structure of your text.

          Flo
        • plhpr
          Message 4 of 9 , May 22, 2013
            Many thanks to all - it works now.