Re: New behavior on Open/Close of NoteTab

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" wrote:

      > Today NoteTab started acting strangely. I keep several documents open
      > in the editor for quick and easy access. It now closes those documents
      > when I click the exit icon on the toolbar and then opens a single,
      blank
      > document on re-launch. I have the setting checked in options which
      > allows re-loading opened documents. Any ideas for a remedy?
      >
      > Robert

      UPDATE!!! I rebooted my machine and NoteTab is back to normal. Seems my
      firewall did an automatic update and I missed the notification to
      reboot. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

      Robert [X-(]

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
        On 4/27/2013 9:31 PM, Robert wrote:

        > Today NoteTab started acting strangely. I keep several documents open
        > in the editor for quick and easy access. It now closes those documents
        > when I click the exit icon on the toolbar and then opens a single, blank
        > document on re-launch. I have the setting checked in options which
        > allows re-loading opened documents. Any ideas for a remedy?
        >
        > Robert

        Robert,

        Have you re-installed NotePro? If so, maybe NotePro.ini is in a
        different location. It sounds as if NotePro isn't reading your original
        inifile.

        Under 'View > Options > View > Applications', I have 'Icon in System
        Tray' and 'Close to System Tray' checked.

        Under 'View > Options > General' I have 'Save Position and Size',
        'Reload Open Documents', 'Check changes on Activate' and 'Protect
        Unicode Files' checked.

        Under 'View > Options > Files', 'Save Files on Close', 'Filter Binary
        Codes', 'Warn Partial Loading', 'Undo After Save', and 'Warn Binaries
        Substituted' are all checked.

        This is the same basic configuration I've used since the late '90's
        starting with Windows 3.0, proceeding through Win95, Win98, WinXP, and
        now Win7 and Win8 and have never experienced the problem you're having.

        Lastly, why do you close using the 'Exit' icon in the toolbar? That
        shuts NtPro down completely. If you're short on memory you may need to
        shut it down but mine runs in the 'Notification Area'-'System Tray' from
        power-up until power-down.

        You can close to the tray by clicking the window 'X' icon at upper right
        if you have options set correctly. It will close to the Tray and remain
        in memory without, possibly losing its 'Undo data'.

        ¤• JD#.118 - ¤• SL.1100/@1>24 - 13.04.28~00.13.51

        • On A Taxidermist's Window:
        • We Really Know Our Stuff.

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com