New behavior on Open/Close of NoteTab

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
      Today NoteTab started acting strangely. I keep several documents open
      in the editor for quick and easy access. It now closes those documents
      when I click the exit icon on the toolbar and then opens a single, blank
      document on re-launch. I have the setting checked in options which
      allows re-loading opened documents. Any ideas for a remedy?

      Robert

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" wrote:

        > Today NoteTab started acting strangely. I keep several documents open
        > in the editor for quick and easy access. It now closes those documents
        > when I click the exit icon on the toolbar and then opens a single,
        blank
        > document on re-launch. I have the setting checked in options which
        > allows re-loading opened documents. Any ideas for a remedy?
        >
        > Robert

        UPDATE!!! I rebooted my machine and NoteTab is back to normal. Seems my
        firewall did an automatic update and I missed the notification to
        reboot. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

        Robert [X-(]

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2013
          On 4/27/2013 9:31 PM, Robert wrote:

          > Today NoteTab started acting strangely. I keep several documents open
          > in the editor for quick and easy access. It now closes those documents
          > when I click the exit icon on the toolbar and then opens a single, blank
          > document on re-launch. I have the setting checked in options which
          > allows re-loading opened documents. Any ideas for a remedy?
          >
          > Robert

          Robert,

          Have you re-installed NotePro? If so, maybe NotePro.ini is in a
          different location. It sounds as if NotePro isn't reading your original
          inifile.

          Under 'View > Options > View > Applications', I have 'Icon in System
          Tray' and 'Close to System Tray' checked.

          Under 'View > Options > General' I have 'Save Position and Size',
          'Reload Open Documents', 'Check changes on Activate' and 'Protect
          Unicode Files' checked.

          Under 'View > Options > Files', 'Save Files on Close', 'Filter Binary
          Codes', 'Warn Partial Loading', 'Undo After Save', and 'Warn Binaries
          Substituted' are all checked.

          This is the same basic configuration I've used since the late '90's
          starting with Windows 3.0, proceeding through Win95, Win98, WinXP, and
          now Win7 and Win8 and have never experienced the problem you're having.

          Lastly, why do you close using the 'Exit' icon in the toolbar? That
          shuts NtPro down completely. If you're short on memory you may need to
          shut it down but mine runs in the 'Notification Area'-'System Tray' from
          power-up until power-down.

          You can close to the tray by clicking the window 'X' icon at upper right
          if you have options set correctly. It will close to the Tray and remain
          in memory without, possibly losing its 'Undo data'.

          ¤• JD#.118 - ¤• SL.1100/@1>24 - 13.04.28~00.13.51

          • On A Taxidermist's Window:
          • We Really Know Our Stuff.

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com