RE: [NTB] Overwrite on find/replace dialogs

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
      At 4/22/2013 05:32 AM, John wrote:
      >Not a gremlin attack. It happens to me also. I have to shut down NTP and restart it to get the dropdown arrow back. I ALWAYS have a
      >history, and I've looked in the .ini file to make sure it was still there - it's there, but there's nothing in the Find box, and no
      >arrow either. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

      Ah, but that is the DEFINITION of a gremlin attack! <grin>

      The unexplainable, unreproducible, random intermittent anomalies of computing as well as everyday life. They are mischievous little buggers, ready to pull the rug under our feet anytime we start to think we are in control, have a critical deadline or really need to find something important.

      For "lost" items, my best strategy is to just give up searching and tell them they can have the item. It is no fun for them if I am not looking so pretty soon the item shows up again.

      Happens quite often.

      Namaste', Art

      My mind is like the subway. If I end up where I'm going,
      it's best if I don't try to understand the system.
      Jef Mallett, 04-21-13