Extracting URL from a link

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013
      I have a spreadsheet with links. I need to separate the URL frown the
      label text.

      Hoe do I do that?

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013
        Interviewed by CNN on 10/04/2013 19:50, Robin Chapple told the world:
        > I have a spreadsheet with links. I need to separate the URL frown the
        > label text.
        >
        > Hoe do I do that?

        Well, since this is the Notetab list, first step is getting your data in
        text-file form. Notetab does not understand the file formats used by
        spreadsheet programs. You may try saving the spreadsheet as CSV or HTML,
        for instance. Then post a SMALL sample of the file content.

        I think it should be possible to extract the URLs to a file using
        regular expressions, possibly in a clip to automate the boring steps.

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my Mont Blanc.
      • Robin Chapple
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013
          Thanks Marcelo,

          I have managed using regular expressions and a little manual adjustment.

          Robin