Solarized colors in NoteTab

  • Bobodod
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
      Has anyone tried getting the Solarized color scheme set up in NoteTab? Is there an easy way to do it and then replicate it across installations?

      homepage: http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized

      a how-to for other text editors and terminal emulators: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/04/solarized-must-have-color-paletter-for.html
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
        Interviewed by CNN on 27/03/2013 14:12, Bobodod told the world:
        > Has anyone tried getting the Solarized color scheme set up in NoteTab? Is there an easy way to do it and then replicate it across installations?
        Well, you can do it by editing the Notetab.ini / Notepro.ini directly.
        However, you can't do it directly from inside Notetab itself. One way is
        to work with a copy and then replace it with Notetab closed. Another is
        to use a different text editor (like Windows Notepad) to do the editing
        (with Notetab closed also).

        I always forget the exact way to do it, but there's also a trick for
        saving the notetab.ini file with a slightly different name (I think it
        was notetab!.ini/notepro!.ini, but I'm probably wrong); next time
        Notetab starts up, if it finds that file it will rename it to
        notetab.ini/notepro.ini replacing the old one.

        Anyway... first step is to replace the "CustomColors" line in the .ini
        file with this:

        CustomColors=ColorA=362B00,ColorB=423607,ColorC=756E58,ColorD=837B65,ColorE=969483,ColorF=A1A193,ColorG=D5E8EE,ColorH=E3F6FD,ColorI=0089B5,ColorJ=164BCB,ColorK=2F32DC,ColorL=8236D3,ColorM=C4716C,ColorN=D28B26,ColorO=98A12A,ColorP=009985

        That will give you the Solarized palette in the colour picker, which
        makes it far easier to experiment.

        I'm still experimenting with colour combinations for the highlights, so
        I don't have a ready-made colour profile to suggest.
        Anyway, I was looking into ways to use the Solarized palette with CSS. I
        quickly noticed that working with sixteen custom colours is going to be
        a bitch. The example CSS file, however, uses SCSS, which is a set of
        extensions to CSS syntax that, among other things, allow for
        used-defined constants, making the job far easier. (More details in
        http://sass-lang.com/ )

        The problem is that the SCSS compiler needs Ruby installed. That's a bit
        of overkill for me, and I don't need the full SCSS feature set anyway --
        just the ability to work with user-defined constants. I started writing
        a clip to do the necessary search & replace automatically, but then it
        occurred to me that such a think might be already available somewhere.

        So... does anyone know of a clip (even a very incomplete, limited one)
        to convert between SCSS and CSS?

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my Xerox Star.
      • Bobodod
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2013
          MC, thanks much for your reply! I'll tinker with it.