Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
      @John:
      If you right click on the Quick List you can select Favorites
      On Menu-Favorites you can select Add all documents to Favorites. Do this
      after getting the files you want to open as a group all open.
      - note you can set up a special favorites group for this and (if
      desired) change the current favorites from the dropdown at top of Quick
      List and also [Open All] from this list.

      On 2013-03-08 14:36, John Wallace wrote:
      > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
      >
      > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2
      > instances open.
      > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
      >
      > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are
      > scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
      > of them.
      > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

      @Bruce: sounds weird. When you hover the left (inside) edge of the Quick
      List do you see the cursor change to indicate its able to perform the
      splitter move? How about on the Clips list on the right side (F4 to
      toggle if you don't use it or have it displayed)

      Looking in my Notepro.ini I see this Quick List section:

      [QuickList]
      ShowQuickList=1
      ShowFullNames=0
      PanelWidth=62
      TypeList=0
      BackColor=-16777211
      Font=MS Sans Serif;8;;-16777208;0

      What is your PanelWidth? If less than 62 I suggest closing Notetab then
      edit Notepro.ini to increase that value in (say) Notepad, then reopen
      Notetab. Does this make a difference?

      On 2013-03-08 16:37, bruce.somers@... wrote:
      > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the
      > 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of
      > the window.
      >
      > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked
      > NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that
      > QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the
      > text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

    • Fookes Software
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 27, 2013
        Hi John,

        > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
        > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

        Note that you can use a different settings file for each instance of
        NoteTab which may help with this problem. You can specify a different
        settings file by running NoteTab with the /INI switch. (You can also
        specify a different location for all customization files with the
        /USER switch.) Please see Reference Information > Other Features >
        Command-line Parameters, in the help file for more information.

        Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
        http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/

        On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, John Wallace <johnta1@...> wrote:
        > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
        >
        > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
        > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
        >
        > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
        > of them.
        > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > John Wallace
        >
        > _____

      • John Wallace