RE: [NTB] Unintended change of options

  • John Wallace
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8 11:36 AM
      If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?

      I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
      If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

      I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
      of them.
      (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

      Thanks.

      John Wallace

      _____

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8 1:03 PM
        After all these years of using NoteTab, here comes something new. How cool is that!!

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 8 1:37 PM
          I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of the window.

          I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

          Bruce

          Gesendet: Freitag, 08. März 2013 um 18:43 Uhr
          Von: "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...>
          An: notetab@yahoogroups.com
          Betreff: RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options

          Grab the edge of the window and drag it.

          Regards,
          John
        • Margaret Peloquin
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8 1:45 PM
            Unless I am mistaken, you can reset the color of your tabs under the
            Options.

            On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM, <bruce.somers@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the 'single-column
            > file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of the window.
            >
            > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked NoteTab,
            > and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that QuickList because
            > it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the text on the tabs (white
            > background vs. gray background).
            >
            > Bruce
            >
            > Gesendet: Freitag, 08. M�rz 2013 um 18:43 Uhr
            > Von: "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...>
            > An: notetab@yahoogroups.com
            > Betreff: RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options
            >

            > Grab the edge of the window and drag it.
            >
            > Regards,
            > John

          • Alec Burgess
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 8 4:03 PM
              @John:
              If you right click on the Quick List you can select Favorites
              On Menu-Favorites you can select Add all documents to Favorites. Do this
              after getting the files you want to open as a group all open.
              - note you can set up a special favorites group for this and (if
              desired) change the current favorites from the dropdown at top of Quick
              List and also [Open All] from this list.

              On 2013-03-08 14:36, John Wallace wrote:
              > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
              >
              > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2
              > instances open.
              > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
              >
              > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are
              > scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
              > of them.
              > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

              @Bruce: sounds weird. When you hover the left (inside) edge of the Quick
              List do you see the cursor change to indicate its able to perform the
              splitter move? How about on the Clips list on the right side (F4 to
              toggle if you don't use it or have it displayed)

              Looking in my Notepro.ini I see this Quick List section:

              [QuickList]
              ShowQuickList=1
              ShowFullNames=0
              PanelWidth=62
              TypeList=0
              BackColor=-16777211
              Font=MS Sans Serif;8;;-16777208;0

              What is your PanelWidth? If less than 62 I suggest closing Notetab then
              edit Notepro.ini to increase that value in (say) Notepad, then reopen
              Notetab. Does this make a difference?

              On 2013-03-08 16:37, bruce.somers@... wrote:
              > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the
              > 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of
              > the window.
              >
              > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked
              > NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that
              > QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the
              > text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

            • Fookes Software
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 27 8:09 AM
                Hi John,

                > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
                > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

                Note that you can use a different settings file for each instance of
                NoteTab which may help with this problem. You can specify a different
                settings file by running NoteTab with the /INI switch. (You can also
                specify a different location for all customization files with the
                /USER switch.) Please see Reference Information > Other Features >
                Command-line Parameters, in the help file for more information.

                Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
                http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/

                On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, John Wallace <johnta1@...> wrote:
                > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
                >
                > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
                > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
                >
                > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
                > of them.
                > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > John Wallace
                >
                > _____

              • John Wallace