RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
      Grab the edge of the window and drag it.

      Regards,
      John

      Von: "Alec Burgess" <buralex@... <mailto:buralex%40gmail.com> >

      Hi Bruce - F6 toggles the Quick List (its in the keyboard shortcuts but
      if the title Quick List doesn't ring a bell I can see it would be hard
      to figure out what it was.

      Also - look up Quick List in Help-Index and from menu Tools-Quick List
      to trigger if you forget the shortcut.

    • John Wallace
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
        If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?

        I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
        If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

        I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
        of them.
        (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

        Thanks.

        John Wallace

        _____

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
          After all these years of using NoteTab, here comes something new. How cool is that!!

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
            I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of the window.

            I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

            Bruce

            Gesendet: Freitag, 08. März 2013 um 18:43 Uhr
            Von: "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...>
            An: notetab@yahoogroups.com
            Betreff: RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options

            Grab the edge of the window and drag it.

            Regards,
            John
          • Margaret Peloquin
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
              Unless I am mistaken, you can reset the color of your tabs under the
              Options.

              On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM, <bruce.somers@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the 'single-column
              > file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of the window.
              >
              > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked NoteTab,
              > and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that QuickList because
              > it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the text on the tabs (white
              > background vs. gray background).
              >
              > Bruce
              >
              > Gesendet: Freitag, 08. M�rz 2013 um 18:43 Uhr
              > Von: "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...>
              > An: notetab@yahoogroups.com
              > Betreff: RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options
              >

              > Grab the edge of the window and drag it.
              >
              > Regards,
              > John

            • Alec Burgess
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
                @John:
                If you right click on the Quick List you can select Favorites
                On Menu-Favorites you can select Add all documents to Favorites. Do this
                after getting the files you want to open as a group all open.
                - note you can set up a special favorites group for this and (if
                desired) change the current favorites from the dropdown at top of Quick
                List and also [Open All] from this list.

                On 2013-03-08 14:36, John Wallace wrote:
                > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
                >
                > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2
                > instances open.
                > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
                >
                > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are
                > scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
                > of them.
                > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

                @Bruce: sounds weird. When you hover the left (inside) edge of the Quick
                List do you see the cursor change to indicate its able to perform the
                splitter move? How about on the Clips list on the right side (F4 to
                toggle if you don't use it or have it displayed)

                Looking in my Notepro.ini I see this Quick List section:

                [QuickList]
                ShowQuickList=1
                ShowFullNames=0
                PanelWidth=62
                TypeList=0
                BackColor=-16777211
                Font=MS Sans Serif;8;;-16777208;0

                What is your PanelWidth? If less than 62 I suggest closing Notetab then
                edit Notepro.ini to increase that value in (say) Notepad, then reopen
                Notetab. Does this make a difference?

                On 2013-03-08 16:37, bruce.somers@... wrote:
                > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the
                > 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of
                > the window.
                >
                > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked
                > NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that
                > QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the
                > text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

              • Fookes Software
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Hi John,

                  > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
                  > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

                  Note that you can use a different settings file for each instance of
                  NoteTab which may help with this problem. You can specify a different
                  settings file by running NoteTab with the /INI switch. (You can also
                  specify a different location for all customization files with the
                  /USER switch.) Please see Reference Information > Other Features >
                  Command-line Parameters, in the help file for more information.

                  Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
                  http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/

                  On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, John Wallace <johnta1@...> wrote:
                  > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
                  >
                  > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
                  > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
                  >
                  > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
                  > of them.
                  > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  >
                  > John Wallace
                  >
                  > _____

                • John Wallace