Aw: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options

  • bruce.somers
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
      Thanks Alec and John. It's indeed possible that I had inadvertantly hit F6.

      But now, things have taken an unexpected turn! That list is actually visible to the right of the scrollbar, but only the first letter of each entry. I tried closing and reinvoking NoteTab, with no change!

      Bruce

           Von: "Alec Burgess" <buralex@...>

      Hi Bruce - F6 toggles the Quick List (its in the keyboard shortcuts but
      if the title Quick List doesn't ring a bell I can see it would be hard
      to figure out what it was.

      Also - look up Quick List in Help-Index and from menu Tools-Quick List
      to trigger if you forget the shortcut.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
        Grab the edge of the window and drag it.

        Regards,
        John

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
          If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?

          I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
          If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

          I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
          of them.
          (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

          Thanks.

          John Wallace

          _____

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
            After all these years of using NoteTab, here comes something new. How cool is that!!

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
              I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of the window.

              I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

              Bruce

              Gesendet: Freitag, 08. März 2013 um 18:43 Uhr
              Von: "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...>
              An: notetab@yahoogroups.com
              Betreff: RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options

              Grab the edge of the window and drag it.

              Regards,
              John
            • Margaret Peloquin
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
                Unless I am mistaken, you can reset the color of your tabs under the
                Options.

                On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM, <bruce.somers@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the 'single-column
                > file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of the window.
                >
                > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked NoteTab,
                > and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that QuickList because
                > it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the text on the tabs (white
                > background vs. gray background).
                >
                > Bruce
                >
                > Gesendet: Freitag, 08. M�rz 2013 um 18:43 Uhr
                > Von: "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...>
                > An: notetab@yahoogroups.com
                > Betreff: RE: Re: [NTB] Unintended change of options
                >

                > Grab the edge of the window and drag it.
                >
                > Regards,
                > John

              • Alec Burgess
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
                  @John:
                  If you right click on the Quick List you can select Favorites
                  On Menu-Favorites you can select Add all documents to Favorites. Do this
                  after getting the files you want to open as a group all open.
                  - note you can set up a special favorites group for this and (if
                  desired) change the current favorites from the dropdown at top of Quick
                  List and also [Open All] from this list.

                  On 2013-03-08 14:36, John Wallace wrote:
                  > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
                  >
                  > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2
                  > instances open.
                  > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
                  >
                  > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are
                  > scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
                  > of them.
                  > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)

                  @Bruce: sounds weird. When you hover the left (inside) edge of the Quick
                  List do you see the cursor change to indicate its able to perform the
                  splitter move? How about on the Clips list on the right side (F4 to
                  toggle if you don't use it or have it displayed)

                  Looking in my Notepro.ini I see this Quick List section:

                  [QuickList]
                  ShowQuickList=1
                  ShowFullNames=0
                  PanelWidth=62
                  TypeList=0
                  BackColor=-16777211
                  Font=MS Sans Serif;8;;-16777208;0

                  What is your PanelWidth? If less than 62 I suggest closing Notetab then
                  edit Notepro.ini to increase that value in (say) Notepad, then reopen
                  Notetab. Does this make a difference?

                  On 2013-03-08 16:37, bruce.somers@... wrote:
                  > I can resize the window that way, but the scrollbar and the
                  > 'single-column file list' are unnaffected. They move with the edge of
                  > the window.
                  >
                  > I then removed the list and closed NoteTab. Then I again invoked
                  > NoteTab, and had it make a new list (F6). No change. I like that
                  > QuickList because it is alphabetized and easier to read than is the
                  > text on the tabs (white background vs. gray background).

                • Fookes Software
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Hi John,

                    > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
                    > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.

                    Note that you can use a different settings file for each instance of
                    NoteTab which may help with this problem. You can specify a different
                    settings file by running NoteTab with the /INI switch. (You can also
                    specify a different location for all customization files with the
                    /USER switch.) Please see Reference Information > Other Features >
                    Command-line Parameters, in the help file for more information.

                    Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk
                    http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.aid4mail.com/

                    On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM, John Wallace <johnta1@...> wrote:
                    > If I can latch onto this thread, is there a way to save that list?
                    >
                    > I've had the list of files disappear when for example there are 2 instances open.
                    > If the last one closed doesn't have the list up, you lose the list.
                    >
                    > I usually use the list for the files I work on all the time. They are scattered over many directories so it's hard to 're-open' all
                    > of them.
                    > (or sometimes to even remember what they were)
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > John Wallace
                    >
                    > _____

                  • John Wallace