Search & Replace for all files that are open

  • scouterines
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
      I have quite a few files that need 2 lines added, it's a rather cumbersome job.

      I know how to search and replace for one file at the time, click on the tab, do the search and replace, click on the next tab. Can I do the same thing somehow for all files that are open? I don't want to use the search drive thing, have too many files that I don't want to change.

      Any advice would be appreciated, please not too technical.

      Ines
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
        Interviewed by CNN on 21/01/2013 20:24, scouterines told the world:
        > I have quite a few files that need 2 lines added, it's a rather cumbersome job.
        >
        > I know how to search and replace for one file at the time, click on the tab, do the search and replace, click on the next tab. Can I do the same thing somehow for all files that are open? I don't want to use the search drive thing, have too many files that I don't want to change.

        Just tick the "all documents" checkbox in the "replace" dialog. It's
        exactly what you are asking for.

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my Intellivision.
      • Ines Mannhardt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
          Thank you, I can't believe I missed that. Too easy.
          Ines