Auto correction in NoteTab Pro 7.1

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
      Many years ago I set up NoteTab 4.95 Standard so that if I typed a
      lower case "I" followed by a space or return etc. it would
      automatically change it to an upper case "I". (I think that sometimes
      I do not hold down the shift key long enough.)

      I do not remember how I did it. I have looked at the help file and I
      have not yet figured it out. Can anyone help? Thank you in
      advance for all replies.
    • loro
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
        Daniel Prince wrote:
        >Many years ago I set up NoteTab 4.95 Standard so that if I typed a
        >lower case "I" followed by a space or return etc. it would
        >automatically change it to an upper case "I". (I think that sometimes
        >I do not hold down the shift key long enough.)
        >
        >I do not remember how I did it. I have looked at the help file and I
        >have not yet figured it out. Can anyone help? Thank you in
        >advance for all replies.

        Search the Help file (not Clip Help, ordinary Help) for Auto-replace Mode.

        As it says there, you can turn auto-replace on for any library from
        the menu. What it doesn't say is that you can create your own
        auto-replace library, like the sample ones mentioned, which won't
        need to be "turned on" from the menu. Open one of the sample
        libraries as a document and copy the first line. Open your own
        library the same way and replace the header with the one you just
        copied and save. That's it. Every clip you add to that library will
        now be an auto-replace clip. Trick is to think of short and easy to
        remember names for the clips...

        Lotta