Re: Return to same place (retain cursor position) when switch outline headers?

  • mycroftj
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 27, 2012
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Eoff <jimeoff@...> wrote:

      > When I click to change the focus from one outline header to another, the
      > cursor is positioned at the start of the header. Is there a way to make
      > it automatically return to where I was the last time the header was
      > viewed (or at least the last time since the file was opened)?
      >
      > Thanks

      I see discussion has focused on non-clip solutions, but it doesn't sound hard to create a clip for what you want. I picture running the clip which will present a list of all the topics in the current outline. Click the one you want and it remember where you are in the current topic and then switch to the desired topic and go to the last position for that topic or the beginning if never there. You could make it automatically clear 'memory' when switching to a different outline or remember all settings until you close note tab or switch to a different library. Yes, there are ways to save settings permanently. I don't know your level of clip programming, but I think the basic script would be quite simple.

      Joy
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 27, 2012
        >> When I click to change the focus from one outline header to another, the
        >> cursor is positioned at the start of the header. Is there a way to make
        >> it automatically return to where I was the last time the header was
        >> viewed (or at least the last time since the file was opened)?
        >>
        >> Thanks

        Hi
        do not know if you still want this it should be on the clip list it works on
        200 topic otl
        H="start"
        ^!Set %f%=^$GetTopicIndex$; %r%=^$GetRowStart$; %c%=^$GetColStart$

        H="go back"
        ^!SetTopicIndex ^%f%
        ^!Delay 2
        ^!SetCursor ^%r%:^%c%

        hope this help
        THANKYOU DAVE M
      • Jim Eoff
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 28, 2012
          On Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 0:44, Dave wrote:
          > do not know if you still want this it should be on the clip list it works
          > on
          > 200 topic otl
          > H="start"
          > ^!Set %f%=^$GetTopicIndex$; %r%=^$GetRowStart$; %c%=^$GetColStart$
          >
          > H="go back"
          > ^!SetTopicIndex ^%f%
          > ^!Delay 2
          > ^!SetCursor ^%r%:^%c%

          Thanks all. I'll play with this and if I have further questions will ask
          on the Clips list. Will also suggest the feature to the author.