Re: [NTB] hey! [SUSPICIOUS LINK]

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
      Interviewed by CNN on 12/11/2012 23:44, Subu S told the world:
      > check this out http://msnbc.msn.[ com-local2.us ]/jobs/

      Seems very suspicious to me -- some unknown domain (the one I
      highlighted between brackets is the REAL domain) attempting to pass
      itself as MSNBC.

      I'm not clicking on it; there's a high likelihood of it being a
      malicious site attempting to install viruses and such on visitors'
      computers.

      --
      MCBastos

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my mimeograph.
      * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.2 *
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
        Thanks.

        Post has been deleted from the archives, and poster I'd on moderated
        status.

        Julie
        On Nov 12, 2012 9:00 PM, "Marcelo Bastos" <bytext@...> wrote:

        > Interviewed by CNN on 12/11/2012 23:44, Subu S told the world:
        > > check this out http://msnbc.msn.[ com-local2.us ]/jobs/

        > Seems very suspicious to me -- some unknown domain (the one I
        > highlighted between brackets is the REAL domain) attempting to pass
        > itself as MSNBC.
        >
        > I'm not clicking on it; there's a high likelihood of it being a
        > malicious site attempting to install viruses and such on visitors'
        > computers.
        >
        > --
        > MCBastos
        >
        > This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized
        > use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.
        > -=-=-
        > ... Sent from my mimeograph.
        > * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.2 *
        > Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
          *Is* now on moderated status.

          (I type better from my computer keyboard than my phone. :-) )