Re: [NTB] Windows 8 and NoteTab

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
      On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
      > I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
      NO.

      I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.

      I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.

      Jeff

    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
        Hi Jeff,

        Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
        8 beta or the final release?

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        On 29/10/2012 14:49, Jeffery Scism wrote:
        > On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
        >> I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
        > NO.
        >
        > I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.
        >
        > I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.
        >
        > Jeff
      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
          On 10/30/2012 4:57 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
          > Hi Jeff,
          >
          > Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
          > 8 beta or the final release?
          It was the BETA.