RE: [NTB] Windows 8 and NoteTab

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
      While that is true, NO windows program will run on the ARM version of Windows 8 unless it comes through the Microsoft
      'store', a la apple store. The ARM version doesn't run x86 code at all.

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
        On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
        > I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
        NO.

        I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.

        I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.

        Jeff

      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
          Hi Jeff,

          Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
          8 beta or the final release?

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/

          On 29/10/2012 14:49, Jeffery Scism wrote:
          > On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
          >> I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
          > NO.
          >
          > I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.
          >
          > I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.
          >
          > Jeff
        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
            On 10/30/2012 4:57 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
            > Hi Jeff,
            >
            > Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
            > 8 beta or the final release?
            It was the BETA.