Re: [NTB] Windows 8 and NoteTab

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
      Interviewed by CNN on 28/10/2012 17:31, John Shotsky told the world:
      > Anything that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8, and a few that won't work on Win 7 will work on Win 8. No 16 bit
      > programs will run on a 64-bit operating system except in a virtual machine.
      ...as long as it's the FULL Windows 8, and not the more limited "Windows
      RT" which comes preloaded in ARM-based tablets, like the Surface.

      (Yes, Microsoft announced a "Surface Pro" tablet with specs more akin to
      an ultrabook and which will come with the full-fledged Windows 8. But
      that is still a couple months away).

      --
      MCBastos

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my cyborg implant.
      * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.2 *
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
        While that is true, NO windows program will run on the ARM version of Windows 8 unless it comes through the Microsoft
        'store', a la apple store. The ARM version doesn't run x86 code at all.

        Regards,
        John

        Interviewed by CNN on 28/10/2012 17:31, John Shotsky told the world:
        > Anything that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8, and a few that won't work on Win 7 will work on Win 8. No 16
        bit
        > programs will run on a 64-bit operating system except in a virtual machine.
        ...as long as it's the FULL Windows 8, and not the more limited "Windows
        RT" which comes preloaded in ARM-based tablets, like the Surface.

        (Yes, Microsoft announced a "Surface Pro" tablet with specs more akin to
        an ultrabook and which will come with the full-fledged Windows 8. But
        that is still a couple months away).

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my cyborg implant.
        * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.2 *

      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
          On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
          > I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
          NO.

          I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.

          I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.

          Jeff

        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
            Hi Jeff,

            Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
            8 beta or the final release?

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/

            On 29/10/2012 14:49, Jeffery Scism wrote:
            > On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
            >> I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
            > NO.
            >
            > I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.
            >
            > I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.
            >
            > Jeff
          • Jeffery Scism
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
              On 10/30/2012 4:57 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
              > Hi Jeff,
              >
              > Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
              > 8 beta or the final release?
              It was the BETA.