Re: [NTB] Windows 8 and NoteTab

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
      At 10/28/2012 11:19 AM, you wrote:
      >I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient
      >-- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8
      >will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or
      >later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And
      >thanks. -Charlie

      Windows 8 is the new Vista. Either upgrade to Win 7 or wait for version 9.

      Microsoft can't ever seem to get the even number versions right and 8 may
      turn out to be the worst of the lot.

      Art
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
        Interviewed by CNN on 28/10/2012 17:31, John Shotsky told the world:
        > Anything that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8, and a few that won't work on Win 7 will work on Win 8. No 16 bit
        > programs will run on a 64-bit operating system except in a virtual machine.
        ...as long as it's the FULL Windows 8, and not the more limited "Windows
        RT" which comes preloaded in ARM-based tablets, like the Surface.

        (Yes, Microsoft announced a "Surface Pro" tablet with specs more akin to
        an ultrabook and which will come with the full-fledged Windows 8. But
        that is still a couple months away).

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my cyborg implant.
        * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.2 *
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 28, 2012
          While that is true, NO windows program will run on the ARM version of Windows 8 unless it comes through the Microsoft
          'store', a la apple store. The ARM version doesn't run x86 code at all.

          Regards,
          John

          Interviewed by CNN on 28/10/2012 17:31, John Shotsky told the world:
          > Anything that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8, and a few that won't work on Win 7 will work on Win 8. No 16
          bit
          > programs will run on a 64-bit operating system except in a virtual machine.
          ...as long as it's the FULL Windows 8, and not the more limited "Windows
          RT" which comes preloaded in ARM-based tablets, like the Surface.

          (Yes, Microsoft announced a "Surface Pro" tablet with specs more akin to
          an ultrabook and which will come with the full-fledged Windows 8. But
          that is still a couple months away).

          --
          MCBastos

          -=-=-
          ... Sent from my cyborg implant.
          * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.13.2 *

        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2012
            On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
            > I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
            NO.

            I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.

            I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.

            Jeff

          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
              Hi Jeff,

              Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
              8 beta or the final release?

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/

              On 29/10/2012 14:49, Jeffery Scism wrote:
              > On 10/28/2012 12:19 PM, cefwis wrote:
              >> I'm a longtime and statisfied user of NoteTab 4.95 np (yes, it's ancient -- but it's perfect for me.) I've read horror stories about how Windows 8 will not be compatibale with many older programs. Will my NoteTab (or later versions) run with Win 8 -- both clips and program itself? And thanks. -Charlie
              > NO.
              >
              > I had Win 8 installed and NoteTab would not open.
              >
              > I had to reformat to get win 7 back on and it works perfectly in Win 7.
              >
              > Jeff
            • Jeffery Scism
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 30, 2012
                On 10/30/2012 4:57 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
                > Hi Jeff,
                >
                > Thanks for your feedback. Did you have problems while using the Windows
                > 8 beta or the final release?
                It was the BETA.