Re: [NTB] Keeping Clipbars in separate libraries

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2012
      The idea of using paired libraries and clipbars is suitable for FUNCTIONAL libraries. For example, a library geared for HTML editing may not have too many clips useful for, say, linear algebra.

      Plus, libraries can execute clip commands, when they are loaded (OnOpen clip), such as loading a matching clipbar.

      You could for example place identical commands into every library, which has a dedicated clipbar:

      ^!OpenClipbar ^$GetName(^$GetLibraryName$)$

      On the other hand, if you would rather mix and match your clips, you might construct various clipbars, and pick and choose clips for various libraries. In this case, you might want to add a clipbar navigation segment to your clipbar. Given plenty of screen real estate, it is advisable to place such a navigation block at the LEFT end of the clipbar, and use identical blocks of icons for each clipbar. Even including the icon to load the current clipbar. This will keep these "navigational" icons from jumping around, when you change clipbars. The same nav icon will always be in the same location. Ditto for additional clips, that you use in multiple clipbars.

      Note, that the clips for these navigational icons can all be in a single library.

      Cheers,

      Eb