Removing line numbers

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
      Notetab 7.1 has a function to add line numbers. (Modify, Lines,
      Number Lines) Does it have a function to remove line numbers? I
      think it should but I cannot find one.
    • rdkelsey1113@ntwp.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
        Click "View" and then unselect the box next to "Line Numbers"

        --BK

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
          Oops . that's not what you asked is it ..

          From: notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>
          Notetab 7.1 has a function to add line numbers. (Modify, Lines,
          Number Lines) Does it have a function to remove line numbers? I
          think it should but I cannot find one.

        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1200@...> wrote:

            > Notetab 7.1 has a function to add line numbers. (Modify, Lines,
            > Number Lines) Does it have a function to remove line numbers? I
            > think it should but I cannot find one.

            No, there's no command for that. Once you have numbered lines the numbers are part of the text. So you have to remove the numbering with 'Search | Replace' (Ctrl+R).

            Regards,
            Flo
          • mycroftj
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
              I suppose there is no remove number command since it is so easy to create one whereas it's a little harder to number the lines.

              If you want to do it manually (unnumber the lines you numbered with NT) do a Find and Replace with regular expressions option ON and
              FIND ^\x20*\d*\.\x20 and REPLACE with nothing

              If you know how to create clips (NoteTab macros) this one line will do.
              ^!Replace "^\x20*\d*\^?[What follows the line numbers, ., :, etc.=. ]" >> "" SAWR

              Joy

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1200@...> wrote:

              > Notetab 7.1 has a function to add line numbers. (Modify, Lines,
              > Number Lines) Does it have a function to remove line numbers? I
              > think it should but I cannot find one.

            • Eb
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
                Welll,

                There is Undo.

                If you have made no permanent changes to the document after number ing the lines, just use Undo (Edit->Undo, or CTRL+Z)to restore the doc to before the line numbers.

                If you HAVE made some changes you don't want to lose, there is still hope:

                1. Block select the document to the right of the numbers,
                2. Block Copy the selection,
                3. Select ALL
                4. Block Paste (not sure, but normal past may also work).

                Cheers,

                Eb