Re: [NTB] Associating Notetab Pro 7.1 with text files

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2012
      On 10/8/2012 7:04 PM, Alec Burgess wrote:
      > In Options - View (bottom of left column) check [Show Advanced
      > Features]. That will make the [Associations] tab (and some others)
      appear.

      > On 2012-10-08 19:22, Daniel Prince wrote:
      >> In the help file it says:
      >>
      >> Q. Why can't I register file types with NoteTab using "Set
      >> Associations" in Windows?
      >>
      >> A. When you install NoteTab, the setup program makes only the minimum
      >> required changes to the registry (which many users appreciate). As a
      >> result, it does not configure your Windows system for file
      >> associations with NoteTab.
      >>
      >> But the solution is really simple because file associations are
      >> managed directly from within NoteTab. Simply open the Options dialog
      >> box (you'll find the command at the bottom of the View menu), click on
      >> the Associations tab, and then add extensions (without the dot) one by
      >> one.
      >>
      >> I do NOT have an Associations tab in my options menu. What do I
      >> have to do? Thank you in advance for any help.

      Alec,

      That would be the 'View > Options > Associations tab' to add extensions.

      ¤• JD#...282 - ¤• SL...648 - 12.10.08~19.29.48

      • I Intend To Live Forever
      • -- So Far, So Good.

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^
    • neutrino12000
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2012
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

        > In Options - View (bottom of left column) check [Show Advanced
        > Features]. That will make the [Associations] tab (and some others) appear.

        Maybe that should be mentioned in the help file.
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2012
          I usually make it a practice with a new piece of software to take a tour
          through the settings/options panel if available. Back in 2003 if I
          remember correctly, I'm sure I turned [Advanced] on immediately and had
          never seen the un-advanced options since until this question was asked. :-)

          I guess the reason it doesn't specify in the Help for the [Advanced]
          options itself is so that if new option tabs were added later the Help
          description would still apply but agree that it would help if under each
          pane only available if [Advanced] was on that fact was noted.

          FWIW: I just turned it on and off - looks like its 17 tabs when ON and
          14 when OFF. I don't know whether any individual options with the other
          tabs disappear when Advanced=OFF.

          Which tabs are they? ... an exercise for the reader! ... :-D