Upgrade to 7.1

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2012
      I am a registered user of version 4.95 Standard. How do I go about
      upgrading to version 7.1? I vaguely remember that Notetab uses an
      installation file to prove that the user is a registered user. I do
      not remember what that file was called and I might have lost it when
      my hard disk crashed. If I knew what the file was named, I might be
      able to find it.
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2012
        On 10/5/2012 4:43 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
        > I am a registered user of version 4.95 Standard. How do I go about
        > upgrading to version 7.1? I vaguely remember that Notetab uses an
        > installation file to prove that the user is a registered user. I do
        > not remember what that file was called and I might have lost it when
        > my hard disk crashed. If I knew what the file was named, I might be
        > able to find it.

        Daniel,

        I believe you'll find the information you're looking for under the 'Help
        > Check for Updates...' menu in NoteTab.

        ¤• JD#...279 - ¤• SL...620 - 12.10.05~08.51.07

        • I Can Only Please One Person Per Day,
        • And You're Not On The List.

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^
      • Daniel Prince
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2012
          On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:
          > On 10/5/2012 4:43 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
          > > I am a registered user of version 4.95 Standard. How do I go about
          > > upgrading to version 7.1? I vaguely remember that Notetab uses an
          > > installation file to prove that the user is a registered user. I do
          > > not remember what that file was called and I might have lost it when
          > > my hard disk crashed. If I knew what the file was named, I might be
          > > able to find it.
          >
          > Daniel,
          >
          > I believe you'll find the information you're looking for under the 'Help
          > > Check for Updates...' menu in NoteTab.

          That takes me to a web page where I can buy an upgrade. I am
          concerned that I could buy the upgrade and it could refuse to install
          because I do not have a file it wants to see. Is that something I
          should worry about?
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2012
            On 10/6/2012 1:49 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
            > On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:55 AM, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:
            >> On 10/5/2012 4:43 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
            >>> I am a registered user of version 4.95 Standard. How do I go about
            >>> upgrading to version 7.1? I vaguely remember that Notetab uses an
            >>> installation file to prove that the user is a registered user. I do
            >>> not remember what that file was called and I might have lost it when
            >>> my hard disk crashed. If I knew what the file was named, I might be
            >>> able to find it.
            >>
            >> Daniel,
            >>
            >> I believe you'll find the information you're looking for under the 'Help
            >>> Check for Updates...' menu in NoteTab.
            >
            > That takes me to a web page where I can buy an upgrade. I am
            > concerned that I could buy the upgrade and it could refuse to install
            > because I do not have a file it wants to see. Is that something I
            > should worry about?

            Daniel,

            The only file, I'm aware of, that the NoteTab/Pro install package looks
            for is the NotePro executable. If it's the proper version, and
            completely closed down, NoteTab will/should install without problems.
            BUT, I don't believe going from V4.95 to V7.01 is going to be a no cost
            upgrade.

            This point was discussed previously on several of these lists and most
            of us have paid an upgrade fee, without feeling taken advantage of, or,
            at least this is in my case.

            ¤• JD#...280 - ¤• SL...632 - 12.10.06~18.52.45

            • I Eat Coffee Straight From The Can. Why Dilute It?

            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^
          • Daniel Prince
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2012
              On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:
              > Daniel,
              >
              > The only file, I'm aware of, that the NoteTab/Pro install package looks
              > for is the NotePro executable. If it's the proper version, and
              > completely closed down, NoteTab will/should install without problems.
              > BUT, I don't believe going from V4.95 to V7.01 is going to be a no cost
              > upgrade.
              >
              > This point was discussed previously on several of these lists and most
              > of us have paid an upgrade fee, without feeling taken advantage of, or,
              > at least this is in my case.

              I just paid the $19.97 upgrade fee which is very reasonable since I
              now get both standard and pro. The program installed just fine with
              no problems.

              Now I have to customize it a little to get it to work the way I want it to.
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2012
                On 10/7/2012 4:06 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
                > On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:
                >> Daniel,
                >>
                >> The only file, I'm aware of, that the NoteTab/Pro install package looks
                >> for is the NotePro executable. If it's the proper version, and
                >> completely closed down, NoteTab will/should install without problems.
                >
                > I just paid the $19.97 upgrade fee which is very reasonable since I
                > now get both standard and pro. The program installed just fine with
                > no problems.
                >
                > Now I have to customize it a little to get it to work the way I want
                it to.

                Daniel,

                Might I ask, did you install on top of your old install and, if so, are
                the customizations you mention a result of the new install or left over
                from changes from the old version.

                On my computers, the current one, or when transferring to a new
                computer, I never change the install path. I copy the entire Fookes
                group of folders to the new computer, then install NotePro on the new
                box. Any changes resulting from an upgrade are usually due to the path
                changes imposed by the Windows OS folder changes.

                For clarity, I almost never allow Windows to dictate the install folder
                for my favorite programs.

                ¤• JD#...281 - ¤• SL...637 - 12.10.07~09.48.55

                • I Got A Gun For My Wife;
                • Best Trade I Ever Made.

                € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^