Re: Copy and Paste Problems with NoteTab Pro 7.01/fv

  • robanderson139
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hey everyone,

      I wanted to let you know that this problem appears to be SOLVED!

      I've been keeping an eye on my Task Manager today, focusing on CPU usage, and I noticed a program popping up repeatedly. (I can thank this thread for that -- the various pointers to more complicated process viewers/managers got me as least monitoring Task Manager -- so thanks for that). When I tracked it down, it turned out to be the WebRoot SecureAnywhere software, which was installed on my laptop before I got it (I bought it from a big box store with the software all pre-loaded). I didn't even know it was on the machine and in fact had since loaded my own security software.

      Anyway, some Googling revealed that there's a list of "Protected Applications." And when I tracked down that sub-menu, sure enough, there was listed NTP, EditPad, and even the directory I created to hold them -- all marked as "Deny". Once I switched them to "Allow" my paste is again working. Why the ONLY thing it was denying was pasting is beyond me.

      What a HUGE waste of time -- and I apologize to everyone who spent time on this as well. If I had known the software was on my machine, I would've looked there FIRST (and DID check my OWN virus/security software way back).

      Anyway, THANK YOU everyone for your help. And I figured I'd post up in case others ever have a similar problem.

      Rob

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

      > 1) Boot Windows in safe mode & test ... is the one I'd really like to
      > see the answer to.
      > At least from my point of view - don't feel any need to take it
      > off-line. As you can tell, many of us are really intrigued be the
      > problem. If you do wind up posting to Sysinternals forum please post the
      > link here.
      >
      > On 2012-09-30 17:05, robanderson139 wrote:
      > > Thanks, Art -- I will pursue those routes and I appreciate the
      > > information!
      > >
      > > I agree it seems to be my system alone which is having the problem.
      > > I'm going to take this offline from here and just continue chipping at
      > > it.
      > >
      > > To answer your question though, I never had the problem before this
      > > new machine/Window 7. When it started (with NTP 4.83) I figured it was
      > > just some basic incompatibility with my out-dated version of NTP and
      > > upgraded to NTP 7. So, it only started with Windows 7, but happened
      > > with all versions of NTP tested.
      > >
      > <snip>
      > >
      > > > 1) Boot Windows in safe mode & test
      > > >
      > > > 2) Create another user account (bare minimum) and test.
      > > > Try installing NTB for single user rather than all Users.
      > <snip>
      > --

    • Pam Erickson
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 1, 2012
        Great job figuring it out! Thanks for letting us know what caused it too. Now we'll know what to suggest if friends/family have a
        similar issue.

        Pam Erickson