Can't Replace CRLF with End-of-Range 7-Bit ANSI

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2012
      This has got to be a bug but I can't believe it has gone undetected this long.

      I was just doing a quick edit on a clip wizard list - putting each item on
      a separate line, sorting them and re-assembling the list. Much to my
      surprise and dismay replacing "^P" with a "|" did not work.
      Instead of replacing the CRLF it just inserts the "|" in front of the CRLF!

      Further investigation revealed that:

      This behavior is consistent for all five 7-bit ANSI chars past lower case
      "z" (\x7B thru \x7F)
      This behavior is exhibited only for these single chars - any two or more
      chars behave normally
      This behavior is exhibited by Menu Replace, clip ^!Replace, regular or
      RegEx patterns in all combinations
      This behavior is exhibited only for these five chars acting up a CRLF:
      The five prob chars acting upon any char except the CRLF or the reverse
      - any non-five-prob char acting upon a CRLF - performs the substition
      as expected.
      This includes 8-bit ANSI chars.
      The behavior was still consistent after a reboot

      (NT Std v5.8/fv & v6.2/fv, WinXP-SP2, EOL=DOS/Windows)

      Does anyone else see this behavior? Under what conditions?
      Is it by design? By what strange logic?

      Why do I always get the weird problems?

      Do any of us besides Joy have a life? This is Sunday. It is supposed to be
      a day of rest!

      Namaste', Art