Copy and Paste Problems with NoteTab Pro 7.01/fv

  • robanderson139
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 26, 2012
      I've been a huge fan of NoteTab Pro for many, many years. It's an integrated part of my workflow.

      I recently bought a new laptop and was forced into Windows 7. And since then, I'm experiencing a problem with copying and pasting in NoteTab. I figured it was because I was still using NoteTab Pro 4.83 and just upgraded to NoteTab Pro 7.01/fv, but I'm still having the same problem after the upgrade.

      I begin cutting from various apps into NTP and everything is working fine. Then, suddenly -- and it's not the same source app all the time -- when I go to paste into NTP, it acts as if nothing is in the clipboard.

      Once this happens, NOTHING will paste into NTP. Not even if the text is copied from within NTP. And it's not the clipboard in general, because even when the text won't paste into NTP, right at that same moment, I can paste and paste that same text into every other app I have open. It's literally only NTP that's not recognizing the clipboard text.

      I'm not using the Pasteboard, although I've tested and the same thing eventually happens there. I'm not using any utilities or special tools related to the clipboard. I'm not using any custom libraries or clips. Just CTL-C and CTL-V or cut & paste from the menu. I also have tried closing all the Libraries, as was suggested in another thread -- no luck.

      A reboot solves the problem, but possibly only for a handful of pastes and then it stops working again. I can't reboot every couple times I need to cut & paste! (ha)

      This is driving me insane and really disrupting my workflow. I don't want to switch to another product after all these years. Has anyone seen this before? Or do you have ideas of how to fix it?

      Thanks for any help!
    • Pam Erickson
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 1, 2012
        Great job figuring it out! Thanks for letting us know what caused it too. Now we'll know what to suggest if friends/family have a
        similar issue.

        Pam Erickson