Re: [NTB] Re: Basic Clip - Keyboard Macro question

  • loro
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2012
      I wrote:
      >jsc3fge wrote:
      >>But now I have to ask, is there a way to assign a keyboard command
      >>to execute a
      > >clip/macro?
      >
      >Look up auto-replace in Help

      Also, are you familiar with the in-context clipbook (think that's
      what it's called)? If you hit the Escape key a dropdown list appears
      in the document at the cursor. It lists all clips in the open library
      and you can scroll down to the one you want by using the arrow keys
      or by typing the beginning of its name and then hit Enter to execute.

      Lotta
    • jsc3fge
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2012
        Lotta,

        Thanks. I didn't realize how this worked. I just played around with a couple of "macros" and I think it will work for me. Guess I just need to think a little differently how the program works.

        Jon

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

        > At 05:13 2012-09-13, you wrote:
        > >Marcelo - Yes, I totally misunderstood! But now I have to ask, is
        > >there a way to assign a keyboard command to execute a
        > >clip/macro? SetShortcut seems to only be for menu items.
        >
        > Yes. Not exactly in the way you mean, but in auto-replace mode you
        > can execute a clip by typing its name/title. The trick is to give the
        > clips names that are both understandable and easy and quick to type...
        >
        > Look up auto-replace in Help (the ordinary Help file, not Clip Help).
        > As you can read there there are two ways to do this. If you want to
        > create a whole auto-replace library, start by creating a new library
        > as usual. Then right-click in the combo box and choose "Open as
        > document". Then replace the standard header (= V5 MultiLine NoSorting
        > TabWidth=30) with the below one and save the document.
        > = V5 MultiLine AutoReplace TabWidth=30
        >
        > I'm sure this is documented somewhere, but I don't find it. You can
        > always find the right header to use by opening one of the
        > auto-replace libraries that comes with Notetab as a document and
        > snatch it from there. That's what I did. ;-)
        >
        > Lotta
      • Eb
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 20, 2012
          Another way to run a clip/macro is to type its name into the document and then press F2 (or place the cursor on an already typed clipname and press F2. This will NOT work on clipnames containing spaces and/or punctuation.

          But it WILL work on single letter clipnames, i.e. 2 keystrokes. The clipname and the F2 key.

          Cheers,

          Eb