Install to current user rather than all users?

  • quantumdigit@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2012
      I was excited to see a recent update to NoteTab Pro but I am unable to update my current version. My company's policies does not allow "install for all users". I'm guessing this is the default for your installer? I fear I may be stuck on v6 forever.

      Why is an option not available to install only to the current user? This would be allowed by our existing policies.
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2012
        In Windows 7 you can install to current user, using the "Run as" feature when you right-click on the installation executable. I.e. "NoteTabPro7_Setup.exe" (I usually rename my setup files to reflect the version and release). You will need to provide an administrative password, or have an administrator do this for you.

        Install on top of your current installation. If you were to install this into a different folder, it will still use your current installation configuration files (Located in the user/appdata/roaming folder), i.e.:

        C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\
        C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Std\
        C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Light\

        NOTE: the above folders are NOT the program files, but only the configuration files.

        Cheers,

        Eb