Re: [NTB] Re: Bottom of Window quirk

  • Mick Housel
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2012
      I also noticed this just yesterday when I spent the whole day completely
      recoding/overhauling a login/membership database setup. I've tried to
      set the window height to alleviate it but that doesn't seem to work
      consistently either.

      Mick

      - - -
      Mick Housel motomania @at@ mickhousel dot com
      ±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±

      Talking about Laguna Seca . . . "I mean, everywhere's
      pretty fun. Turn 1's, like I said, that scary, draws
      your nut-sack up in your stomach fun." - Ben Spies

      On 09/07/12 06:35, Lawrence wrote:
      > I too have noticed this. I run NoteTab Pro full screen. It is not consistent, so I have not noticed a pattern yet.
      >
      > I'll forward this on as a bug report, since someone else is having the same problem
      >
      > ~ Larry
      >
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jsc3fge" <jsc3fge@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I'm new to NoteTab (NTP 7.01 on xppro) and was "playing around" when I noticed that there's a little something annoying with the screen display. Hope it's a setting, but I don't know what it would be.
      >>
      >> Say I have a window open and sized such that a full vertical height of text does not show at the bottom, ie, say only 1/2 line heigth is showing. As the cursor travels down the page to the bottom of the window, NoteTabPro doesn't pop the window up so that the line is fully visible. The cursor just sits there "in the weeds". I have to manually scroll the window, or enlarge the screen slightly.
      >>
      >> Is particularly annoying when pasting in text or using the clipboard capture feature (neat!) - even with the cursor/insertion beam at the bottom of the window, the window doesn't scroll up so that I can see the full line (height) of text.
      >>
      >> Is this normal behavior, or is there something I can tweak to avoid it? It doesn't seem to help to enlarge the window, because NTP seems to forget the size the next time I open up NT.
      >>
      >> Thanks.

    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
        Hi,

        Thanks for your email. This issue should be fixed in the next
        maintenance release of NoteTab Pro...

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        On 06/09/2012 19:57, jsc3fge wrote:
        > I'm new to NoteTab (NTP 7.01 on xppro) and was "playing around" when
        > I noticed that there's a little something annoying with the screen
        > display. Hope it's a setting, but I don't know what it would be.
        >
        > Say I have a window open and sized such that a full vertical height
        > of text does not show at the bottom, ie, say only 1/2 line heigth is
        > showing. As the cursor travels down the page to the bottom of the
        > window, NoteTabPro doesn't pop the window up so that the line is
        > fully visible. The cursor just sits there "in the weeds". I have to
        > manually scroll the window, or enlarge the screen slightly.
        >
        > Is particularly annoying when pasting in text or using the clipboard
        > capture feature (neat!) - even with the cursor/insertion beam at the
        > bottom of the window, the window doesn't scroll up so that I can see
        > the full line (height) of text.
        >
        > Is this normal behavior, or is there something I can tweak to avoid
        > it? It doesn't seem to help to enlarge the window, because NTP seems
        > to forget the size the next time I open up NT.
        >
        > Thanks.
      • lorellevanfossen
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2012
          Glad to know I'm not alone. This is incredibly frustrating as I can't see the line I'm working on when adding new code and content.

          Glad you are on this, Eric. Loving the updates and the new version. Thanks!!!

          Lorelle

          > Hi,
          >
          > Thanks for your email. This issue should be fixed in the next
          > maintenance release of NoteTab Pro...
          >
          > --
          > Regards,
          >
          > Eric Fookes
          > http://www.fookes.com/
          >

          > On 06/09/2012 19:57, jsc3fge wrote:
          > > I'm new to NoteTab (NTP 7.01 on xppro) and was "playing around" when
          > > I noticed that there's a little something annoying with the screen
          > > display. Hope it's a setting, but I don't know what it would be.
          > >
          > > Say I have a window open and sized such that a full vertical height
          > > of text does not show at the bottom, ie, say only 1/2 line heigth is
          > > showing. As the cursor travels down the page to the bottom of the
          > > window, NoteTabPro doesn't pop the window up so that the line is
          > > fully visible. The cursor just sits there "in the weeds". I have to
          > > manually scroll the window, or enlarge the screen slightly.
          > >
          > > Is particularly annoying when pasting in text or using the clipboard
          > > capture feature (neat!) - even with the cursor/insertion beam at the
          > > bottom of the window, the window doesn't scroll up so that I can see
          > > the full line (height) of text.
          > >
          > > Is this normal behavior, or is there something I can tweak to avoid
          > > it? It doesn't seem to help to enlarge the window, because NTP seems
          > > to forget the size the next time I open up NT.
          > >
          > > Thanks.

        • jsc3fge
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2012
            Fixed with 7.1. Thanks Eric!